10: One Lucky Inspirit

The house was a lot farther from the Coffee Shop, but I still wanted to go to work, so I just hailed a taxi though I was a little regretful to spend my money on something that would keep me from getting tired. As always, Emmi greeted me with a bright smile, and was surprised when I told her I already had breakfast. She just brushed it off and went to work.

Everything was normal in the shop with customers coming in and out, and Boss helping in the counter or in the kitchen. We became even busier at lunch, but it was still fine as long as the customers weren’t too pushy or impatient. At one time, Emmi approached me, saying that a certain customer was searching for me.

He was a man wearing a bonnet and shades, and somehow he reminded me of the boys’ weird way of disguising. “Good afternoon sir. How can I help you?”

“May I take you out on a date this evening?” he said in a weird voice.

“Excuse me?” my eyes widened, and he chuckled. He took of his shades and spoke once again, this time with a normal voice.

“I said, may I take you out on a date this evening?” I was even more surprised when I saw that it was Sunggyu. “You didn’t recognize me, did you?”

I shook my head. “I told you dressing normally is better.”

He smiled and put back his shades. “Infinite is going to have a fan meet this evening. Wanna come along and watch us perform?”

“Wouldn’t I become a burden to you? I mean, you’re busy preparing and such…” If a fan-girl was on my place she would probably say yes a hundred times.

“Of course not! You never saw us perform right? Now is your chance, and you’re an Inspirit now. An Inspirit should never let a huge change pass by.”

“Okay, if you say so.” I shrugged. “Where is it?”

“Yeolyun Theater. It’s very far from here, so we’ll just pick you up at 6, okay?”

“Okay.” I just stood there, since I thought he was going to leave after talking to me. But he didn’t. “Well, do you have anything more to say?”

“It’s the first time I entered this place and it looks quite interesting, so I would like to order coffee lattes. Take out for the boys.” He winked and I wrote down his order. I quickly went back to the counter to get the lattes, and then went back to his table. When I passed him the box of lattes, he suddenly noticed my hand and inspected it.

“Is your hand getting better now?”

“Yeah, of course.” I shrugged, but he didn’t seem to believe me.

“Why don’t you stop working for a while until it heals completely? It’s dangerous to overuse it with a horrible wound, even if it’s bandaged.”

“It was just a puncture, not a fracture or dislocation. I’m fine.”

“If you say so,” he exhaled and stood up. “I’ll go now. See ya later okay?”

He passed me the payment before leaving. After a few seconds, he ran back in, panting. “Almost forgot! I gotta have your number. I can’t go on going to your shop just to tell you something.” And so, I gave him my phone number before he left for the 2nd time. Emmi appeared beside me.

“Who was that?”

Should I tell her or not? It might wake up her crazy fan-girl self and creep off the customers, but on second thought, she deserves to know.

“Sunggyu.”

Her jaw dropped, but she didn’t say anything. She glanced at the door where he left, and then back at me, and turned around to quietly go back to the kitchen. I was dumbfounded by what she did. Did she eat something horrible this morning, or has she stopped going crazy over Infinite? Or maybe, she’s still awkward towards Sunggyu because of his surprise hug at Gamdeol mall?