12: Unaccepted Apology

The doorbell rang while I was in the kitchen, cooking ramen. I opened the door and was surprised to see Sunggyu and the rest if the boys’ faces. It was Wednesday, a few days after I last saw them at the Yeolyun Theater. I didn’t see them for days because they were busy, of course, being the famous celebrities they were.

“Long time no see,” Woohyun made his way from behind the others and shook my hand with a cheeky smile.

“Aigoo~ I’m tired!” Sungjong whined and barged into the house to lie down. He didn’t even reach the sofa and fell on the carpet face-first.

“Tired?” My eyebrow rose. “Wait, did you just come from a schedule and went here straight?” Sunggyu smiled guiltily and came into the house just like Sungjong. Soon, the living room was filled with six drowsy boys.

Wait… Six?

“Where’s Myungsoo?”

“He didn’t want to come here and went to the dorm. Said he was too tired…” Sunggyu mumbled.

“Oh.” My head dropped to hide my frown. I still felt guilty because of that day, and I couldn’t find the right time to apologize because 1) I rarely see them and 2) he seems to be avoiding me. I went back to the kitchen to cook 5 more packs of ramen while they relaxed themselves all over the carpet.

“Wake up boys, food’s here.” I tapped each of their shoulders and then they groggily went to the dining table.

“We’ll eat well,” they yawned and started wolfing down the noodles. I just watched them with a smile, not wanting to ruin their small heaven. Sungyeol noticed me and spoke with his mouth half full.

“Yuan, why aren’t you eating?”

“I only had six packs of ramen, and I think it was meant for you guys. You look like hungry beasts.” They paused from eating for a second, and then started pushing their bowls to me. I chuckled and refused their offers. Someone from beside me suddenly grabbed my cheek and shoved a mouthful of noodles into my mouth. I stared at Howon in shock.

“Your cooking tastes delicious.” He beamed. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s instant ramen.”

“I’m still hungry! Mooooore!” Sungjong whined. I chuckled when Dongwoo bopped his head.

“You could have some of the yoghurt in the fridge.” The childish man grinned, stuck his tongue out at Dongwoo, and then ran to the kitchen.

“Did you watch our performance at Mnet last Sunday?” Dongwoo asked me.

“I don’t have a cable,” I frowned.

“You don’t?” Sunggyu asked. He rubbed his chin while glancing at my unused TV. “We have an extra cable at the dorm, actually a reserve just in case Manager-hyung takes away ours. We could just lend it to you.” He winked.

“What? No! I can’t accept that. That’s your property.” He rolled his small eyes and organized the dirty plates and chopsticks to bring them to the sink.

“I can live without a cable. I could just watch your performances on the internet.” I continued protesting but Sunggyu hummed loudly to show that he wasn’t listening. I really couldn’t do anything to stop his unnecessary kindness.

“Hyung, I think there would be a replay this afternoon.” Sungjong spoke with a spoon still in his mouth. He looked at his watch. “Around 5 or 5:30, I dunno.”

“It’s still 4:45, we could watch it in the dorm!” Sungyeol declared and pulled me towards the door.

“Bu the dishes…”