14: Dangerously Close

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!" Myungsoo screeched and dashed away, and I followed close behind. The fan girls were just a few feet away from us.

"Why did you yell it like that?!" he accused me and I scoffed.

"Pabo! You told me to do it! I just followed instructions!"

"AISH!!" he cursed and we continued running or feet off. He suddenly pulled me to turn on a left, and then into a veeerynarrow path that might have been almost impossible to spot. We watched in pounding hearts as the girls ran straight through the street, missing us, and we both gave sighs of relief.

I turned to Myungsoo to speak to him, and only then did I realize how terribly close we were. Terribly.

My nose was almost touching his chin, and his arm was around my shoulder. We tried to back away from each other, but that was quite impossible since the narrow path didn't provide much space for us.

"I'll forgive you for now," I muttered.

"I'm not comfortable with this either," he muttered back. Nobody dared to move, and I could feel his fast heartbeat. I wasn't sure if it was because of the running or the extreme closeness, but as for me, it was both.

"I think we should get out now." I said, and he nodded, and we moved sideways towards the open area. We froze when we heard girls talking.

"Myungsoo-oppa runs really fast! I just wanted to take a picture with him..." One girl pouted.

"Me too... But I wonder who was that girl with him? Do you think they're... you know... dating?"

"ANDWAE!" Another girl yelled, and she seemed scary. "Nobody touches my oppa. Not until I get a taste for my own, so that bitch better not touch him!"

Her voice slowly faded as she continued calling me insulting names. Myungsoo suddenly squeezed my shoulder.

"Don't listen to her. She doesn't know anything." He said.

"Nah, of course I wouldn't. I know myself." I chuckled. We finally got out, and simultaneously breathed in the fresh air. "Hey, I think we should exchange outfits. We have to make sure they wouldn't spot us again. Here, wear my cardigan."

"What?!! That's for a girl!"

"It's unisexual! Now shut up and wear it, if you don't want to die at the hands of your crazy fans." He rolled his eyes but still did so. I wore his zip-up hoodie, and we exchanged hats too. Then we finally started walking.

"I didn't know girls can be so obsessed like that." I chuckled.

"Well, girls can go crazy too, especially over a handsome man like me." He flashed a smile while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ugh, here you go again, so full of yourself." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you seen oppa already?" We heard a girl say. Our eyes widened when we realized she was one of those girls that chased us. She was with the other girls, each looking at every people's faces as if they were so desperate to see Myungsoo.

"God, their level of obsession is creepy," I muttered under my breath. "I think we should separate." I quickly walked away, but Myungsoo grabbed my arm and I came twirling into his arms. He engulfed me in a tight hug and buried his face on the crook of my neck to hide. I was frozen, of course.

"One of them is heading here. Don't let go of me!" he whispered in panic. I just stood there, and slowly put my hand on his back with hesitation.

"Excuse me," the girl approached us. "Have you seen a tall man wearing a striped hoodie and a hat? We're kind of in a hurry here."