3. Boys Will Be Boys

Start from the beginning

She was in love with him.

Everything was just utterly perfect about him, from his chiseled jaw line that was covered by his beard to his hazel eyes and black hair. His brilliant and straight smile had these deep dimples that would always come out when he'd smile or smirk. His body was young compared to his age, he was 48 but he still had the strength of a 30 year old.

Arabella utterly loved this man, and she knew he loved her too.

Whenever she was in his arms she felt the safest, and nothing would ever change that.

-

Rosario was staring down at her lunch tray when she felt the tears gathering in the corner of her eyes.

She hadn't eaten in 2 days.

She really wanted too but she just couldn't.

She was tired of being overweight. Tired of being fat and unhealthy.

She had decided if she didn't eat she would be happier and thinner in no time.

She looked at Maddox who was stuffing his face with pizza.

Rosario looked back down at her food and felt the immense pressure to binge like she always did.

She shut her eyes tightly and began to count back from 100.

"You okay?" Maddox asked her when he noticed she was gripping onto the bottom of her shirt tightly with her eyes shut.

Suddenly she opened then and gasped a bit, Rosario began to frantically shake her head about, "I've got to go, I'll see you later."

Maddox didn't even get the chance to speak to her before she left the cafeteria in such a hurry.

Sitting alone now he looked around the room, he could sit with his old friends.

The entire basketball team.

He hadn't sat with them in months, and Maddox was still the co-captain on their varsity team but he barely spoke to them because he and his best friend who's also the captain, Abel Rogers, had a falling out when Maddox began to date Rosario.

Abel gave his unwanted opinion which resulted in a fist fight between the two.

Maddox only spoke to him on the court, nowhere else. Maddox found it hard to believe that he used to be like his old friends.

Shallow and heartless.

Still he looked around the room for potential candidates. He had friends everywhere but none he'd like to sit with.

Except one person.

Maddox picked his tray up and backpack then walked over to Arabella's table.

She suddenly looked up and smiled at him, "Yeah?" She asked him and he shrugged a shoulder, "Mind if I sit?"

She shook her head, "Go ahead."

Maddox took a seat right in front of her, "So why is it you never eat?" He asked grabbing another slice of pizza from the tray.