41 ; ; 31, 32, 35

21 June, 9.48am

Tsubaki,

Last night I had a dream. Ever since the last time I wrote to you, I've been sleeping every single night.

Anyway, I dreamt about the time when I got your main subclass out of jail.

-And yes, they were in jail.

Since I wasn't there on the day doing anything relating to fighting, the police didn't get me, but they got Shamrock and the others who were involved.

I busted them out with little difficulty.

I mean, Licht-san's pocket money of a couple million yen does work magic. I doubt that he even noticed it was gone.

Perks of being a world wide known pianist, I guess.

I love you, Tsubaki, and I miss you.

Did you... pickpocket him, thief?!

...

Good job ;)

I think we should put your pick pocketing skills into better use. Once I come back, be ready for a whole career!

But thank you, neko-chan, for getting my idiotic subclass out of jail.

30th June, 7.50pm

I've made a new friend at university. We have similar interests, and she's really friendly. I think I'm finally getting my life back on track.

I don't know how, but my professors were aware of the mental state I was in beforehand. Maybe it was obvious, with the eyebags and all. They were nice enough not to kick me out of university because of my slackness- I don't think I've actually done any exams yet, and I've gotten into trouble but they've let me stay.

I do get dirty glares every now and then, since I'm sure most view the situation as unfair to them, but I will hopefully change their opinions soon.

Oh yeah, I'm taking my bachelor's degree tomorrow. Wish me luck~

Oh my, bachelor degree, aren't you a cool person

I'm joking, hahahahahahaahaaaaa...

So, neko-chan are people being rude to you?

Ahhhh, it's going to get interesting. Hm.

Mao raised an eyebrow. She hoped that he wasn't going to do anything stupid to those people, but she certainly hoped that he wasn't finding her uncomfortable state interesting.

"What a shitty boyfriend he is," Mao muttered as she rolled her eyes with a smile.

And use cucumbers for your eyes! I've told you that so many times. Jeez, are you going through some rebellious teen phase or something? Your a couple hundred years late sweetheart.

"Yep, definitely shitty."

7th August, 10.45am

I got into a car crash, Tsubaki. I was distracted by my thoughts and crashed into a pole, then another car crashed into me. I'm very smart...

Well, the nurses were freaked out by the rate I was healing, and I had to ask Snow Lily to make them forget. Oh, also, Snow Lily-san and Mahiru-kun visited me. Weird, huh? They know I'm your subclass, but I guess since the war has ended, we have no reason to be hateful anymore. I'm... aquaintances with Snow Lily-san and Mahiru-kun now. Lily-san is strange, and keeps trying to strip but I guess that's a normal thing to do...?

Oh yeah, Tsubaki. I know you visited me while I was in the hospital.

You left your sunglasses behind, baka. Underneath my BED. What were you even doing down there?

Hey Tsubaki, I realise that I've been very selfish, only thinking of my own needs. I should of understood that you would never leave me because of a petty fight.

Maybe that car crash was actually good for me. I've never slept so deeply in so long, and my body is growing healthier each day. Also, when I woke up, I did what I do best- overthink. But that four hour session of overthinking made everything click into place.

I know you, Tsubaki.

You left to protect all of us...

From yourself.

Mao frowned at the letter. It was clearly opened, but Tsubaki didn't write anything on it. And with the way the piece of paper was crumbled, he clearly was in an anxious state. She only sighed at him and accepted his silence as a 'yes'.

She sighed again as she picked up all the dropped letters and tucked them into the box once again.

"Oi! Are you just gonna sit there and read that stuff?" The other man who was helping her move her furniture snapped. Mao didn't even realise that she took so long, and she wondered why the man didn't say anything until now.

"Sumimasen, I was just caught up with it," she apologised lamely.

"Is that box going in here?" He roughly jabbed his thumb in the direction of the van, where all the other boxes where stacked up on top of each other. Mao shook her head. "Okay, that's it, right?"

"Yeah."

"'Kay, I'm gonna start driving." Without waiting for an answer, he hopped into the driver's seat and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it before revving the engine.

Mao blinked at the truck as it sped clumsily down the street and raised a brow before getting into her own car, seating the box of letters in the seat next to her. Placing one hand on the steering wheel, she hit her forehead against her knuckles and sighed again.

"Oh dear, Tsubaki is the dumbest idiot I know."