36 ; distance

16 Nov, 7.28pm

Months had passed since Mao realised that Tsubaki distanced himself from everyone for the sole reason that he was hurting them, just by being there.

She stopped writing Tsubaki letters as a way to get over him. Now that she knew why Tsubaki left (even if she didn't understand why Tsubaki would think that way) she grew happier and began to move on.

Humming happily, she helped load the moving truck with her furniture, puffing slightly.

Mao really needed to exercise more- she was a vampire, for kami's sake, yet she still couldn't lift 30kg without getting tired. She was more of a computer genius- a nerd, as Belkia so kindly put it as- who toyed around with HTML coding and was in the process of becoming a very experienced hacker.

She hummed again, going back inside to clean out her bedroom.

She was finally getting a proper house, not a rented apartment. Mao neatly folded the remaining clothes into the tightly packed suitcase and took it down to the moving van.

She had almost finished packing everything when she saw her favourite pen- the one Tsubaki gave her- and suddenly remembered about the box filled with those cringey letters she wrote to him, stashed away from prying eyes in a little hole in the wardrobe. Mao quickly ran to the wardrobe and grabbed the box before stumbling out.

But she was a little too hasty, and that paired with her trembling arms from lifting boxes into the moving van caused her to fall over and trip, the content in the box spilling all over the floor.

"Ah-hahahaha... That seriously hurt..." she looked down at the forming of a tiny bruise on her thigh. "Oh?"

Mao looked at the content spilled on the floor, her eyes widening when she looked at it.

Every single envelope has been opened.