25 ; visits

25 ; visits

May 27th, 11.58pm

Mao fell into an exhausted sleep before she finished her homework. Her cheek was pressed against the crinkled paper, and her hand was still loosely grasping a pen.

A silhouette of a slim man loomed outside her window- which would of been in a sinister way, if not for the gentle smile gracing his face and the softened gaze as he stared at his lover.

Tsubaki slowly, silently opened the window and jumped in, walking up to Mao's sleeping figure and caressing her cheek.

"Gomen, neko. I didn't know you would be like this." Tsubaki leaned forward and delicately pressed a kiss on her dehydrated, cracked lips. He gently scooped her up, freezing when she stirred a little, but then set her on the bed after Mao regained her deep breathing. Tsubaki's beautifully red eyes showed signs of puffiness- as if he had been crying. He chuckled softly. If Mao saw, she'd freak.

Tsubaki laid her head in his lap, stroking her hair, untangling the knots. In an almost whisper, he began to hum her favourite song- Saviour, by Black Veil Brides.

Indeed, he would always be there for her.

As he finished the song, humming the last note gently, Mao smiled peacefully in her sleep. He slowly stood up, laying her head gently on the pillow.

"Mao..." he breathed as he saw the letter she hadn't put back into the box.

"I can't come back yet," he whispered to Mao. "I promise, it's a good reason. But I can't come back yet, neko-chan."

With one last fleeting kiss on the forehead he jumped out of the window, leaving behind dreams filled of happiness.