35 ; brightness

35 ; brightness

7th August, 10.45am

I got into a car crash, Tsubaki. I was distracted by my thoughts and crashed into a pole, then another car crashed into me. I'm very smart...

Well, the nurses were freaked out by the rate I was healing, and I had to ask Snow Lily to make them forget. Oh, also, Snow Lily-san and Mahiru-kun visited me. Weird, huh? They know I'm your subclass, but I guess since the war has ended, we have no reason to be hateful anymore. I'm... aquaintances with Snow Lily-san and Mahiru-kun now. Lily-san is strange, and keeps trying to strip but I guess that's a normal thing to do...?

Mao stopped writing for a moment, her pen poised before biting back a devious yet happy smile and continued scribbling words.

Oh yeah, Tsubaki. I know you visited me while I was in the hospital.

Mao could almost see the utter surprise and adorable sheepishness that appear on his face.

You left your sunglasses behind, baka. Underneath my BED. What were you even doing down there?

Hey Tsubaki, I realise that I've been very selfish, only thinking of my own needs. I should of understood that you would never leave me because of a petty fight.

Maybe that car crash was actually good for me. I've never slept so deeply in so long, and my body is growing healthier each day. Also, when I woke up, I did what I do best- overthink. But that four hour session of overthinking made everything click into place.

I know you, Tsubaki.

She gave a wide smile and wrote down,

You left to protect all of us...

From yourself.