0ϟ0

EDITED IN 2019

Michael and Luke share a history but they also share a prison cell.

the content of this book belongs to me. I do not own any of the characters that exist in real life.

ϟϟϟ

8th august 2016; 584 days before

His black shirt was glued to his skin from the heat, despite the air conditioning and the fact he was two stories below the ground.

He hadn't moved in hours, skipped his lunch break, didn't pee in a while.

Michael's eyes were fixed on the screen. The security camera was focused on the blackjack table.

He knew the blond boy was cheating, he just had no idea how. Three hours later, over ten grand of money in chips in front of him and he still had Michael confused.

"You got him?" Jace, his coworker asked. They both knew Michael could just send in security the second he saw the boy. But where was fun in that?

"Almost." He grinned as he saw his target make the mistake that cost him three hours of his time.

Michael pressed the security button and waited for the light to go green.

"It's Michael here. We have a card counter in all black behind table three."

"Black outfit. Table three. Got it."

"Oh, and do me a favor. Bring him to the room."

15th march 2018; 14 minutes before

Michael checked no one was following him before getting into the van.

He put his earphones on and waited for the signal.

When the city lights went off he smiled and cracked his fingers.

"Showtime."

ϟϟϟ

Before you read:

- tw: adult content, criminal, strong language, terminal illness, side character death, mpreg universe;

- prison!AU top!michael

- time skips

- title inspired by Between the bars by Elliott Smith

I've been waiting to write this for over a year and a half; It's a bit more serious but dramatic and everything you'd ever want. Muke included.

Love and feedback is heavily appreciated.

Ask, comment, recommend, add to your libraries and reading lists.

Love, Lucija ♡