Para-what?

Alistair's POV

I pushed the brakes of my bike so that Evelyn's hand rested on my body. As soon as I felt a hand around my shoulder, I slowed down. I wanted to take her away, away from this city. Someplace in this world where everyone ceased to exist, where it was just me and her.

On finally reaching the destination I stopped my bike. I signaled Evelyn to get down first, I later followed her. Brushing my hair I let the cool air hit my face. It felt refreshing and rejuvenating.

I cornered my eyes to look at Evelyn, she looked beautiful as usual. She wrapped her hands around her arms in correspondence with the cold climate. I'd have definitely offered her my jacket but I didn't wear one, unfortunately. 

"So ?", she arched her brows towards me as she interrogated.

"So?",  I mimicked her with the same facial expressions "Wait for it ", I winked.

"Tell me ", she sounded curious.

"Time heals '', okay fine, I know it was a really bad joke at this moment "Just kidding, you'll know it in some time ".

We were close to the landward side of a wave-cut platform, precisely a cliff. I brought her here to have the best day of her life, I knew it would be because when I did it for the first time it proved out to be mine too.  I gazed at her and moved my eyeballs away the moment she caught me gawking at her.

"Say yes to paragliding ?", I bent down on my right knee waiting for an answer. I liked the attention, I was certainly not the kind to be trifled with though my actions were a bit dramatic. I have been really disappointed with my flirtatious tricks ever since I met her.

"Oh my Lord, no way Arnold ", a tickle trespassed my heart as she said my name aloud. Okay, it wasn't my real name but I couldn't deny my emotions. Arnold sounds nice though, I can change my name to that permanently. Maybe ?.

"Yes way leaf ", a mischievous smile escaped my lips.

"Oh no no, Heights are scary ", she looked beneath towards the river like she was measuring the height.

"Come on now or I'll complain to Humpty Dumpty ", I grinned to which she pouted "I mean your mom, Sorry "

"Wouldn't change my answer ", she instinctively replied.

I made a puppy dog face pushing the strands back into the spike, the weather was a bit airy. I took a step closer towards her through my knees "Please, I'll accompany you ", I assured her.

She pulled me up through my arms, I stood up at once. "Fine ", she answered as she half-smiled. Her expressions reflected a sense of disquietude. I knew that it was going to be fun, it always was.

I once brought Sarah here, she couldn't stop thanking me for such an experience throughout the week. Now the question that pops is: who was Sarah? She was the only girl I was serious with my entire life. I left her 4 years back because it didn't work out well between us due to some complications.

My father accepted her as his future daughter-in-law the moment I introduced her to him as she was the only daughter of a very famous businessman. He was very dissatisfied with our break-up. I tried to patch up with her a month later after our break up because my father had his own selfish motive behind this and he forced me to make things right.

"So, are you excited ?", I questioned Evelyn whilst pushing away the thoughts of Sarah which were dominating my mind.

I grasped her hand softly, "Come on ", I stated whilst taking her to the person in charge of this sport.

"Hey buddy ", I hugged Neil when I saw him getting outside his small cabinet. The place was quite open and the only thing which was built here was Neil's small cabin connected with a uni-sex washroom.