E I G H T

Jess

I was at work. Spending my time getting coffee and files for an ungrateful bitch.

A notification pings up on my phone making crack a smile. A message from Sammy. 

I click on it and scan my eyes over the words.

Sammy😘: how's your day darling

Me: ugh

Sammy😘: I love your enthusiasm

Me: I really don't like this job. I meant what I said the other day. I can't work for her anymore. Sammy this isn't what I want.

Sammy😘: please just stay

Me: why should I. Why should I stay. There is nothing keeping me here.

I didn't get a reply from him

Me: see. Even you can't think of a reason.

Sammy😘: I'll make you a deal. Stay one more whole week. Then make a serious decision and I'll get you anything you want

Me: Anything?

Sammy😘: Anything

Me: Deal

Sammy😘: That's my girl. I got to get going now. I love you xxx

Me: I love you too xxx

I put my phone away and made my way back down stairs.

I walked into the office and my boss immediately came over to me.

"You're late" she says harshly though her pursed lips

"I'm 2 minutes early" I talk back in the same attitude she gave me

"I have no time for silliness. I have a client I need you to see to. He's looking for a back up singer"

My eyes suddenly light up. She sees this and cracks the smallest smile. I didn't even know she could even smile at all, day of surprises I guess.

She beckons me over to her desk and shows me a file she had sitting open in front of her.

I looked down at the top of the sheet. It read the artists names.

Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson.

-------------------
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been slacking with updates recently. In case you haven't already realised but this chapter is rubbish. I was in a rush and wanted to get this up for you guys. Also we are nearly on 100k for messages. I never thought we would get that far. Thank you guys for all the reads and comment. Your comment always makes me smile and I love hearing your feedback.
I'll see you all soon x

- Emma