Chapter 27

"30!" She hears everyone chant and her whole body starts to tremble. Once she does this, she can't undo it and that terrifies her.

"20!" The party-goers chant and she quickly takes a swig of her champagne before setting it back on the sink. She takes a deep breath and then opens the bathroom door.

As soon as she walks back into the living room area, her eyes scan the crowd of people.

"10!" The crowd chants just as her eyes lock with piercing green ones across the room. Lauren offers her a small wave as she makes her way over to the musician.

"5!" Camila takes another step, effectively closing the large gap between the two brunettes.

"4!" Lauren squeezes through the crowd to get to the Cuban.

"3!" 

"I was looking everywhere for you." Lauren says once Camila is within earshot.

"2!"

Camila just nods as she grabs onto the necklace hanging from Lauren's neck tugs her forward so she can collide their lips together in a heated kiss. When red lips touch pink ones, the whole world around them fades away. Neither girl can hear a thing over the loud thumping in their chests.

Lauren is baffled to say the least and she wants to kiss back, but she tastes the champagne on Camila's tongue and Lauren knows that the girl has a habit of only kissing Lauren when she's drunk. It takes every ounce of strength in her, but she places her hands on Camila's shoulders and lightly pushes her back. She's instantly met with dilated brown eyes and fuck has she missed that sight.

"Camz, how much have you had to drink?" The green-eyed girl wants to be sure she wouldn't be taking advantage of the girl.

"Lauren, I'm not drunk. I've had like two glasses of champagne." The younger girl admits and Lauren can see that she's telling the truth.

The green-eyed girl's eyes go wide and she just stands there trying to process what the younger Latina just said.

Camila just kissed me and she's sober, Lauren thinks as she completely gets lost in her own thoughts.

"I'm sorry I caught you off guard. I probably shouldn't have just sprung that on you. I'll just uh go now." Camila says, her pride a little hurt after Lauren abruptly ended their kiss. Camila tries to search Lauren's eyes for any sign that she felt something in the kiss, but the girl just seems to be completely zoned out. The musician just spins on her heels and starts walking in the opposite direction. After taking her second step, she feels a warm hand slide into her own and all of a sudden her body is spun around and she's facing Lauren again.

Lauren steps forward slowly and brings her trembling hands up to settle on either side of Camila's face. She leans in slowly and brushes their noses together. When Camila feels Lauren's warm breath hit her lips, she can't stop herself from closing the gap between the two of them again and attaching her lips to plump red ones.

Please don't pull away again, Camila thinks as she slowly starts to move her lips against Laurens. All her doubts fade away when she feels Lauren's lips move sensually against her own. After a few soft kisses, Camila pulls away slowly, but keeps their faces only inches apart.

"Hi." She whispers and Lauren grins.

"Hi." The green-eyed girl responds as she delicately runs her thumb over Camila's bottom lip. Lauren shifts her gaze from brown eyes to pink lips. She sticks her tongue out to wet her lips before sliding her hand to the back of Camila's neck and bringing their lips together again in a searing kiss.

Butterflies erupt in Lauren's stomach and she warmly greets them, having not properly felt the little creatures for almost a year. Lauren feels a tear slip out of the corner of her right eye and she momentarily smiles into the kiss and Camila does the same. Lauren drops her hands from Camila's face and places them on the girl's hips so she can bring their bodies closer together. The younger girl folds her arms around Lauren's neck and swipes her tongue across her bottom lip. Just when Lauren starts to open her mouth to allow Camila's tongue to slip past her lips, she feels someone forcefully tug her away by her ponytail.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Lauren comes face to face with a red-faced Austin.

All the color immediately drains from Camila's face as Austin steps forward, effectively closing the distance between him and Lauren. Before he can get any closer to her, Camila snaps out of her trance and steps in between the two.

"Austin, you need to leave. We aren't together anymore." Camila glares at him as she crosses her arms. She had to hide her hands somehow so he wouldn't see how bad they were shaking.

"My girlfriend is not a fucking dyke! Do you hear me?" Austin shouts as he yanks the girl toward him and away from Lauren.

"Ex girlfriend, Austin!" Camila spits as she jerks her right arm out of the boy's tight grip.

"This isn't over until I say it is." He sneers as he puts his hands on Camila's shoulders and violently shakes her. Lauren having seen enough, wraps an arm around Camila's waist and pulls the smaller girl away from Austin. She immediately pushes Camila behind her.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" Lauren shouts as she points at the door behind him.

"You!" Austin narrows his eyes at the green-eyed girl. "I'm going to fucking kill you." He lunges forward, but Dinah and Vero step in and pull him back.

"We already have enough food here, we don't need any Doritos, but thanks anyway." Dinah retorts while dragging the boy to the front door of the house.

"And if you ever come near Lauren or Camila again, I will shove your own dick so far down your throat that you'll digest it." Vero threatens as she opens the front door and joins Dinah in tossing the asshole out on the front lawn.