Chapter 33

Camila rushes through the Miami airport on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, her Friday night flight got delayed to Saturday morning because of bad weather. As she exits the airport, she immediately finds her Uber and heads to her apartment. She has about 3 hours until Dinah and Normani's wedding starts so she knows there is no time to waste. Camila called Dinah as soon as she found out about the delay and the Polynesian freaked out on her. Camila just listened and apologized profusely while promising that she would be there. 

She gets ready in under an hour and that is record time for her. After applying a light shade of brown to her lips, she steps back and glances at the finished product.

Not too shabby, Camila thinks as she spins around once. 

The alarm on her phone goes off, reminding her that she only has an hour and 30 minutes until the wedding starts. She grabs the car keys off the table that luckily Dinah left for her and rushes to the car as fast as she can with heels on. Of course, she gets stuck in traffic so when she arrives, there's only 30 minutes until the start of the wedding. As she walks to the back of the church, her hands start shaking. Her eyes are about to connect with her favorite pair of green ones, the ones that she now remembers falling in love with over and over again during the last couple of years.

When she steps in the church, she is met with Dinah's family and after they attack her with hugs, they point her in the direction of where Dinah is waiting for the ceremony to start. When she gets to the door, it's already cracked so she slowly pushes it open and sees her best friend looking at herself in the mirror.

"How did I know I'd come in here and find you staring at yourself in the mirror?" Camila smirks and Dinah spins around quickly after hearing her best friend's voice.

"Jesus, Walz I thought you were going to miss my big day!" Dinah runs over and envelops the girl in a bear hug. When she pulls away, she slaps Camila upside the head.

"The hell." Camila huffs as she fixes her hair back.

"Don't you ever leave without saying goodbye again!" Dinah goes in for another hug and Camila rests her head on her best friend's shoulder.

"I won't, Cheech. I am not leaving again." Camila promises. She squeezes Dinah tightly one good time before stepping back and allowing herself to really look at the bride. "You look absolutely stunning, DJ. Hands down the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen."

Dinah's eyes start watering. "Dammit, Chanch, don't make me cry and ruin all my makeup." The Polynesian fans her eyes in attempt to keep the tears at bay.

Before Camila can respond, another voice fills the air.

"Dinah, Normani just walked down the aisle are you..." Lauren stops in her tracks when she comes face to face with her favorite brunette. "ready." She finishes her sentence.

Camila's heart goes ballistic in her chest when her eyes lock with Lauren's. The younger brunette smiles warmly at her wife, but the green-eyed girl continues to stare at her with an unreadable expression on her face.

"You two have 2 minutes. Two minutes. Then both your asses better be ready to walk down that aisle ahead of me." Dinah pipes up before exiting the room. 

Silence lingers in the air as Camila stands admiring how beautiful Lauren looks in her bridesmaid dress. The older Latina continues to just stare at Camila, not believing that she's actually here. 

The green-eyed girl starts slowly making her way to the middle of the room where Camila is standing and the younger girl speaks up. "Lauren I'm-" Camila starts, but is interrupted when Lauren clasps her hand around Camila's neck and crashes their lips together. The musician's heart beats erratically in her chest as she feels Lauren's lips moving against her own. The kisses are just as soft and warm as Camila remembers them being years ago and the overwhelming happiness of finally being reunited with the love of her life causes tears to well up in the young girl's eyes. Lauren is feeling all the same emotions and she only pulls away when she feels wet tears hit her hands, which are gently cupping Camila's cheeks.