Chapter 20

Trigger Warning

Lauren agrees to be the designated driver. Per usual, the green-eyed girl wants to be alert enough to fend off anyone who comes within 10 feet of her brunette. All five of them pile into the Uber and make their way to the club.

As they all walk up to the club, Lauren realizes that her predictions were accurate: all eyes are on the girl in the black dress beside her. The green-eyed girl makes it her job to send glares to anyone staring at the girl next to her for longer than 3 seconds.

Camila's cheeks stay red as she makes her way to the front of the club. There are a lot of stares that make her stomach churn and she finds herself wanting to turn around and go back to the hotel. She self-consciously pulls at the bottom of her dress, hoping it will miraculously reach to cover her knees, even though she knows it's impossible.

Sensing the younger girl's distress, Lauren reaches out and snakes an arm around Camila's waist. Her heart warms when she sees a small smile play on Camila's lips. Lauren mentally high fives herself when she sees the men stop looking as they see that the two girls are connected. When it's her turn to enter the club, she makes sure to send a death glare to the bouncer at the door who practically drooled over Camila for a solid 10 seconds. Fucking pervert.

Once they get in, they find a booth that can fit all five of them.

"I'll go get us some drinks." Camila offers as she stands by the booth, opting not to slide in after the rest of them.

"Amaretto Sour." Dinah yells enthusiastically while slinging an arm around the dark-skinned girl beside her.

"Blue Motherfucker, please." Normani politely chimes in.

"I'll take a Vodka Cranberry." Ally pipes up. Camila nods and turns her attention to the green-eyed girl.

"Want anything?" The younger girl addresses Lauren.

Lauren admires the girl in front of her and gets lost in her thoughts. I want you. Your lips on mine. Your nails scratching down my back. Your tongue on my...

"Lauren?" Camila's soft voice breaks Lauren from her very sexual, very inappropriate thoughts.

When she looks around she sees Dinah smirking at her. She has to hold back an eye roll when Dinah mouths "you're welcome." The Polynesian obviously wants Lauren to thank her for dressing her wife in the dress she is currently wearing.

"Uh n-no thanks." She stutters as she offers the girl in front of her a small, flustered smile.

"Suit yourself, green eyes." Camila smirks at the red-faced girl in front of her and turns on her heel to head to the bar. When she gets to the bar, her phone dings and she reaches in her purse to retrieve it.

Another text from Austin.

Instead of opening it, she just rolls her eyes and throws her phone back into her purse. She places her palms on the sticky surface of the bar and waits for the bartender to make his way over to her. Unfortunately, someone else makes their way over first.

"Hey sexy." A guy slides onto the bar stool next to where she's standing.

"Not interested. I'm taken." She recites, having done this many times before. She doesn't even give the guy trying to hit on her a single glance.

"I don't see him around." The guys leans closer to her. The brunette panics when she realizes that she doesn't really have a significant other at the moment.

"It's a girl, actually." She lies. Something she's never been good at doing before, but the words seem to effortlessly slide off her tongue tonight. "She's sitting at the booth in the corner. Brown hair, killer green eyes, you can't miss her."