Midnight Beauty

"That's impossible." Taka turned from calm to concerned. "But it's true." Prince tried to keep Taka calm, but he failed. Taka's breathing pace increased. "What do I do?!" Taka cried at Prince. "I don't know, honey. You could try and kill Stacie before she kills you." Prince assured. 

"Peff, yeah. Like I could kill Stacie, have you seen her?" Taka asked, her tail was lashed out. "No, and I'm not counting on it." Prince nickered bitingly.  "Me neither." Taka agreed, she hung her head low to the ground, brainstorming on what to do. Prince rested among a tree, his eyes were fighting to stay open. Prince was rarely tired, usually on midnight watch or talking a midnight walk. 

Taka's belly growled, "hey, wanna eat?" Taka asked Prince as his eyes shot open. "Yeah, sure. I'm hungry-" Taka cut him off, "And tired." They both laughed as the walked to the grazing fields. 

They devoured every bite, eating very quickly. They soon finished, heading back to camp they heard birds singing and it seemed as though nature knew they were in love. The moon shone brightly and the trees danced. Taka and Prince danced with them, at a slow paced jog, they laughed, smiling gleefully.  "StarHerd wants us together." Prince whispered, his soulful amber eyes making Taka smile even more. They stopped, facing each other, their eyes glowing in the dark. Nature singing as their emotion was blessed. "I love you." Prince nickered, taking a step closer. 

"I know." Taka smiled also taking a step closer. They gazed into each other eyes, as they leaned in closer. "Kiss her." A faint whisper called through Prince's ear.  Prince and Taka nuzzled (kissed) and nature danced on. 

An hour later:

Taka and Prince trotted to camp, smiling. They had a wonderful night, but they were knackered. They got to camp and Hurricane sat on the clan's rock.  His eyes also blazed in the night. Prince and Taka stood underneath him. "Father. Do you need-" Hurricane cut Prince off rudely. "Where were you?" Hurricane demanded. 

"Grazing" Prince said looking up at his father. "No, you weren't." Hurricane's voice was stern. "Father, what's wrong with loving Taka, StarHerd wants us together." Prince started to breathe heavier. "No, stay away from Taka. You're not going to break StarHerd's code." Hurricane was deeply offended. 

"Never." Prince whispered under his breath. "What was that?" Hurricane's anger started to heat up-again-. "I said, no. I am going to love Taka forever, because my heart was stolen by her. She's the mare for me." Prince's loving voice almost made Taka tear up. They looked at each other with loving eyes.

Hurricane was furious by this. He jumped off the rock and slashed his hoof out at Prince, causing his shoulder to bleed. "Listen to your leader!" Hurricane yelled. Prince cried in pain as blood ran from his shoulder, down to his hooves, making the grass turn red.

Hurricane studied Taka. "Just think about how your mother would react to this, she would be-"Taka cut Hurricane off. "Don't talk about my mother that way! She would be very pleased." Taka snapped at Hurricane. "She was never pleased. I can understand why." Hurricane chuckled and Taka felt like she wanted to kill him, right then-and-there. "You'll regret this." Taka threatened as she walked away.

She heard Hurricane and Prince talking behind her, but she didn't care. Tears fell down her face. Why? Why me? Taka thought to herself. She laid down in the back of the den, trying not to disturb the other sleeping mares. She tucked her hooves under her belly and drifted off to sleep.

Taka woke up early in the morning, the sky was still dark and the moon was drifting down.. She had a nightmare about her mother dying. Taka got to her hooves and walked slowly outside. She saw Prince sitting on Hurricane's rock looking into the stars. She walked up to him, very quietly. "One day, I'll be leader and I won't ever emotionally hurt my horses." Prince said calmly, without looking back at Taka. "It's ok. I think Hurricane was just tired." Taka reassured. "Couldn't sleep?" Prince asked, turning around to face Taka. "Yep, had a bad dream." Taka looked down, remembering that horrible dream made her feel sick. "Me too. Bout' what?" Prince asked, feeling curious. "My mother dying." This time Taka looked into Prince's eyes, as he stared back at her.

"Me too."  

Picture 1: StarHerd constellation 

Picture 2: Taka and Prince quotes

Author's Note: 

I thought this was a beautiful chapter: let's hope Taka and Prince won't be stopped from love. Have a good day~~Kylo

Question of the day: 

Who's childhood was worst? Taka or Prince? 

I believe Taka had a horrible childhood because her mother was abused by this other mare and Gloria died giving birth to Taka!