Secrets

Taka woke up, the air was chilly. She walked out from the den and saw some mares relaxing by trees. Taka was looking for Prince but he was no where to be seen.  "Hurricane, do you where Prince is?" Taka asked but Hurricane showed no attention.  "Hurricane!" Taka yelled but he just continued to talk with another stallion. 

Taka wondered off and found herself at a cold, but calm river, most would call it a pond. Taka put her head down to drink the water but then a horse with wings was standing in front of her. "Wow! You have wings!" Taka exclaimed. "Yes, my name's Whisper. I am the mare of water." Whisper greeted. "Are you StarHerd?" Taka asked curious. "No, silly. I am rare, you call me a universal spirit or a nature spirit." Whisper explained everything to Taka. 

"So, are there any other spirits?" Taka asked curiously.  "No, just me." Whisper took a step closer, Taka backed up. She was creeped out. "How did you become a nature spirit?" Taka questioned, still wondering where Prince was. "Let's say StarHerd didn't know where to send my soul, the Shattered Forest or StarHerd. I was both good and bad, so they made me a spirit, preferably of nature. When you're a nature spirit you grow wings." Whisper explained.  "Whoa, that's cool. Don't you get lonely?" Taka started to feel bad for Whisper, she was only a young mare. "Not really, I have the water to comfort me." Whisper dipped her left wing into the pond and the water started to glow, reflecting Whisper's childhood. Taka bent over to watch, she could see Whisper and some other stallion nuzzling.

"The water is our friend... shares memories with us" Whisper's voice was soft. The video disappeared as Whisper lifted her wing out the water.  "Wa-was that you-your mate?" Taka asked nervously. "Yes, he was a great stallion. His name,  Thicket. StarHerd didn't want us together, but we didn't care. It's like you and Prince." Whisper explained not even a tear fell.

"You must go. Remember I'll be here if you need me, and Prince knows about me. Prince is in the grazing fields, waiting. Now go!" Whisper ordered. Taka cantered off thinking about what had happened.  

Taka reached the grazing field, she saw Prince talking to some mare.  The mare was a black and white appaloosa, she looked like she belonged to BloodHerd. Taka crouched down behind a few bushes, watching.  They talked for a while, Prince was in love completely.  Taka realized she was drowning herself in tears of anger. Before she stood up to walk over there, Prince and the mare nuzzled each other! 

Taka became inflamed and stomped her way over to Prince.  "Cheater!" Taka yelled scraping her hoof across Prince's cheek. The mare jumped onto Taka and they both fought it out a while. Taka was able to get the mare on the ground, both exhausted. "Get back to your herd, or you'll-" Before Taka could finish her sentence the mare got up and galloped away. 

Taka glared at Prince, his cheek was blood covered. "I thought we were mates!" Taka screamed. "She's just a frie-" Taka cut Prince off rudely, "Don't lie, it's not worth it. Maybe you're not the stallion for me." Taka and Prince stood there in silence. Prince looked for sympathy from Taka but she stared at the ground. The wind picked up and blew at their manes.  "I thought you loved me." Taka said softly, her piercing eyes burned Prince's insides. 

"Taka I'm sorry,-" Prince was cut off again. "Goodbye." Taka nickered and walked away. 

Prince stood there, the wind tugging at his mane, "she's my half sister."   

Picture 1: Picture of Whisper,( Not exactly) 

Picture 2: Whisper and her mate, Thistle. 

Author's Note: 

Sorry this chapter was short and Whisper is quite a mysterious character.  How did she come to be? Maybe when I finish Taka's Journey I will write a book on Whisper.  

~~Kylo