I Love You, Is It To Be?

"Father, I have something to announce." Prince told his father, the moon was half full, gleaming down on their coats. "Just because you turned good, doesn't mean we forgive you." This older mare named, Bracken, sneered.  "Yeah, you killed Buck." A another horse shouted from the crowd of the wounded horses. 

"We know, it wasn't a good idea to kill Buck, but everyone in their lives deserves an another chance. We can trust Prince." Prince thanked Hurricane. "Fine, but we all know he is going to the Shattered Forest when he's dead. He killed another herd mate." Bracken swished her tail in anger and finished arguing. "As I wanted to say, Taka and I are mates." Prince declared a Taka stood proudly next to him. Hurricane and Midnight were pleased. "Wonderful! We shall announce it to the others' next moon!" Midnight whinnied. 

"Thank you." Taka said softly, she was a little shy. Hurricane's eyes soon turned concerned, Prince was able to read them. "Father.... what's wrong? You should be happy for me." Prince said his voice also soft, comforting.  "I am, very pleased but, you can't. Taka is a pure bred from DustHerd, you're a pure bred from ShadowHerd. You'll both end up in the Shattered Forest when you die. It's against StarHerd." Hurricane's voice was slow and steady, his ears were twitching back and forth, head looking down. "She's one of us, father, please." Prince begged. "No she is not. StarHerd will send you to the Shattered Forest, were no dreams are found." Hurricane's voice became stricter. "I object to your marriage."Hurricane swiftly leaped upon his rock, his shadow covering over Prince.  

Taka and Prince shared a sorrowful glance, "yes Hurricane. We will not become mates." Taka nickered and walked towards the Whispering River. Prince followed, glaring at his father. Tears were striking down Prince's face, "my tears feel like ice that will never melt. My heart feels like it's been torn. My soul feels..." Prince hunted for the right word, his eyes glistened in anger.  "My soul feels betrayed." Prince dug his hoof deep into the ground. "We don't have to share our  marriage, nothing can break us. They won't know about us." Taka stared deeply into his eyes.  "I love you." Prince agreed. They nuzzled each other and watched the charcoal covered sky. 

Prince then heard a voice that Taka couldn't hear. It was the Whispering River. "Prince, I believe you made the right choice, but great punishments can come, I am no StarHerd, but I have dealt with them before." The voice echoed through his ear. "What happened?" He asked in his mind, Taka was leaning against him, looking at the sky. 

"I had foals with another, they died. StarHerd was unhappy and hit them with lightning on their first birthday." The whisper cried, as Prince heard in the background horses shrieking in pain. "Wow, sorry." That's all Prince could say.  "Watch your back." The river responded and stopped. 

"Taka, I think it should be time to head back, it's late and I want to show you something fun in the morning." Prince confessed. "Yes let's go back." Taka and Prince trotted back to camp and got cozy in their dens. 

Picture 1: horse shoe heart

Picture 2: Horse of the Whispering River

Author's Note: 

This chapter was short, sorry. The Whispering River is quiet nice, her name is Whisper

More about Whisper:

She has an inner power to control hate and be kind to all living souls, evil and good, her two colts died because of StarHerd, but she isn't part of StarHerd or Shattered Forest. Strange? We'll will get to know her more later! Best Wishes

~~Kylo