8

Last night was a blur. I don't even remember half of what happened because I consumed too much red wine, as did Harry. So we kissed, we spent the night in my room but I'm pretty sure we didn't have sex because I found Harry sleeping on my small couch fully clothed.

As of now, I have no idea where we stand but I guess it's alright with me. "No strings attached" as they would call it. I'm assuming things would be better that way so no one would end up getting hurt.

I felt Harry's arm wrap around my waist and his soft lips kissed my jaw, waking me up completely from my slumber.

"Hi," I whispered, turning to face him.

"Good morning," he whispered back, tightening his grip around me.

It felt like that day at the hospital when we pretended to be in a relationship but this time, it was real. Or was it? I still don't know.

Harry kissed my forehead before loosening his grip on my waist. He stood up and walked to the bathroom without saying a word. I sat up and my head started to throb, but luckily there was a glass of water and aspirin on the bedside table. Mom must have placed it there last night after I fell asleep.

It was Saturday and I didn't have work, thank goodness. But Harry did, that's why he was quick to run off to the bathroom to freshen up. He always had an extra pair of jeans and shirt in my closet because of how often he sleeps over, so he wouldn't have a problem with getting ready for the day.

I heard the shower shut off and Harry left the bathroom a few seconds later. The combination of my strawberry-scented shampoo and his manly perfume was the only smell that encircled my room. It was actually one of my favorite scents.

I watched him pace back and forth as he multi-tasked, wearing his tight skinny jeans as he brushed his teeth and dried his hair. He lost his balance and fell flat on my bed, I laughed but still helped him dry his hair. He rushed to the bathroom to spit and when he got out, he was already wearing a shirt.

"Does Jane have a car already?" I asked as I handed him his small messenger bag.

Harry's eyes widened, "oh crap, I forgot about her! She's going to kill me! I'll call you later okay?" And with that, he ran downstairs and disappeared in seconds.

Kellan peeked through the door with a smirk on his face, "so how was last night?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, acting all innocent.

"Harry owes me 30 bucks for that reservation at the restaurant. I had to beg the manager just to get the private room!"

"So you were behind all this?"

"Mom set up the balloons in your room, but it was Jake's idea to use my shoes to lead you here."

"How about the rose? And the picture?"

"It was all dad. The picture was from grandma's old travel journal, and that's where they got your name. You knew that, don't you?"

I nodded once and smiled, touched at how much effort they put into this.

"Thank you for everything." I said, wrapping my arms around his muscular torso.

"Don't thank me, thank Harry. It was all his idea, we just helped."

I never thought Harry would be able to pull-off something like this. In our four years of friendship, I've never seen him set up a proper surprise for a girl, his mom and sister is an exception though. Harry's baking skills were put to the test whenever it was his mother or his sister's birthday.

Last year, he attempted to bake a 3-layer red velvet cake with red velvet crinkles on the side. It was delicious and it became his mom's new favorite. Gemma, his older sister, loved Harry's cookies and cream pie. Harry wanted to bake a new cake every year for her but she refused and requested that he bake the same pie. I, myself, like that pie as well. It was better than any cookies and cream cake from a regular bakery.

The only surprise Harry ever did to a girl he liked was a bouquet of roses with a hand-written poem inside a card. The funny thing though, was that I always wrote the poems and the only effort he did was pick the special wrapping paper for the flowers. He always made sure to pick the girl's favorite color. I wonder if he knew mine? I don't think he's ever asked me.

I fell asleep again after lunch and I woke up with arms wrapped around my waist. Harry was snoring softly against my pillow, his mouth slightly open and curls all over his angelic face. I swiped the unruly hair away from his face and kissed his forehead gently, a soft groan escaping his lips. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me, his lips instantly curving into a  sweet smile.

"How are you?" He asked in a low tone.

"Better, now that you're here." I whispered back, cupping his cheeks gently and planting a soft kiss on his lips. I pulled away and sat up, him doing the same and draping his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you know what my favorite color is?" I asked as I looked at him.

He pursed his lips and thought hard, "green?"

"Try again."

"Yellow."

"I hate yellow."

"Oh I know! Blood orange." He said as he bursted into laughter. I shook my head and slapped his shoulder, "shut up, it's red! Now I regret that time I forced you to watch Project Runway."

Harry chuckled until he ran out of breath and tears formed in his eyes. I pushed him off of the bed but he clawed my blanket, making it bury his whole body on the floor. He was still laughing despite his harsh fall, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. He stopped and pulled the blanket from his face, smirking at me. He suddenly tugged the sleeves of my sweater and pulled me down on the floor with him and under the thick sheet. His fingers landed on my waist, squeezing it before deciding to tickle me to death.

I screamed and wiggled out of his grip but he just wouldn't let me go. I crashed my lips on his to stop him and it worked. His hands wrapped around my petite body and pulled me closer as our kiss deepened. I couldn't really kiss him properly because I was out of breath, so I pulled away and buried my face on his neck, balancing my inhales and exhales.

"You're so annoying," I joked.

"Tell me you love me," he said.

"No."

"Tell me or I'll tickle you again."

"No way, never in a million years."

"We've been together for one day and you're breaking up with me already?" He pouted, attempting to do that oh-so-famous puppy dog eyes that always worked on other people, but not me.

"So it's official? You're declaring that we're together together?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "yes, but that's actually your decision to make, not mine."

I grinned and placed another kiss on his plump lips, "okay, so from this day on, we're together together."

He smiled, pearly whites and dimples showing, "I love you."

"I love you, Harry."