»eight

Yoongi kept as close to the Captain as possible as they walked through the ship. He felt like prey under the stares of the pirate crew and all he wanted to do was curl up into a ball and hide away from the world.

Every time he accidentally stepped on the back of Hoseok's foot or bumped into him when a crew member glared at him he expected the Captain to turn around and give him a good beating but instead he was pulled closer into the man's hold and a small smile sent his way.

"It's okay, there's no need to be scared Yoongi. I'll make sure nothing happens to you~"

Those few words were enough to make Yoongi feel at ease and he quickly relaxed in the other's embrace.

"Where are we going?"

"To get you some more clothes." Yoongi raised an eyebrow at him and Hoseok chuckled in reply. "Your old clothes are too dirty and torn to wear anymore and those clothes can't be your only clothes for the duration of your stay so we need to get you fitted into some more."

Hoseok stopped in front of a door and looked Yoongi up and down, chewing on his bottom lip. "Plus, we can't keep you in those shorts for much longer." The prince looked down at his short shorts that tightly hugged his pale legs. "The crew have been looking at you as if you're a piece of meat and we can't have that anymore, huh?"

Yoongi nodded and pressed himself closer to Hoseok when a pirate walked past him and... sniffed him? 

"D-Did he sniff me?"

Hoseok tried to stifle his laughter at that and shook his head. "Ignore him, come on get inside." They entered a small, lightly dimmed room and it took a few seconds for Yoongi's eyes to adjust to the change in light.

"Hey, Miralle. I have a new boy here I need you to adjust some clothes for." The Captain lightly pushed Yoongi forward towards a small desk and a woman turned around in her seat, looking over at the two.

She let a small sigh and pulled out some fabric from under her desk. "Luckily he's small so I have enough spare fabric for him."

"Cool," Hoseok led Yoongi over to a seat in the corner of the room and gestured for him to sit down. "Will I be able to leave him alone with you for a while?"

Miralle nodded her head as she fished for her supplies in the various baskets around the place. "Yeah, just come back and fetch him in about 2 hours."

Hoseok moved to leave but was quickly stopped by Yoongi gripping his sleeve. He looked down at the prince and gave him a pearly smile, ruffling his hair. The boy looked up at him with concern and slight fear.

He kneeled down in front of Yoong, resting his hands on the boy's knees. "You'll be fine with Miralle. She's a sweet lady, she won't hurt you." Hoseok gripped Yoongi's cheek in between his forefinger and thumb and tugged lightly. "I can't let anything happen to my sweet prince so don't worry."

Yoongi reluctantly nodded and gave the Captain a small smile which came out as more of a grimace.

Then Hoseok stood up and left the room, leaving Yoongi alone with the mysterious woman.

"Stop sitting so frigid. I'm not going to bite." She spoke up after a few minutes, jolting Yoongi out of his thoughts.

She pulled a basket full of material over to Yoongi along with a chair, pulling it up in front of him and taking a seat. "Do you have any requests on what colours or type of material?" She inquired as she began pulling out fabric from the basket.

He shook his head, not really knowing anything about different types of cloth and she nodded in response. It was always the servants in the castle that made his clothes, he never had to deal with that kind of stuff.

Miralle brought out some cotton cloth and inspected it. "Is cotton good?"

"Yeah..."

The two stayed silent as Miralle began to take Yoongi's measurements. Miralle had picked out a few cotton fabrics to make clothes out of for Yoongi to sleep in and for cold days while the rest were made out of silk and satin that looked too expensive for measly pirates.

Of course they stole it...

"So you're the Prince that the Captain picked up, huh?"

Yoongi didn't feel the need to answer her question, as it was quite obvious from Hoseok stating it before hand.

"Do you know why he picked you up?" The boy's head whipped up at her question. No. He didn't. There was not any mention as to why the pirates had kidnapped him in the first place. He had just figured it was because he was a prince, a boy of high value, someone that people would pay good money to take back.

They weren't going to sell him off into slavery, right?

Yoongi flinched when he felt Miralle tap his shoulder with the tip of her ruler. "Relax. You're too tense." He eased up the pressure in his shoulders and slumped back in his chair, earning a quiet chuckle from the woman before him.

This gave Yoongi the time to actually take in the woman's appearance. She sure was a beauty. Her dark brown, nearly black eyes, were complemented by her dark caramel skin. Her fiery red hair was pulled back into a bun while bangs covered her forehead. Gold eyeliner brought out the spark in her eye as well as the gold lipstick that adorned her plump lips.

"Done staring?" A heated blush spread across Yoongi's cheeks and he looked down at his lap. "Don't worry too much. The Captain will hit me if he finds out about how much you're freaking out in my care."

Yoongi looked up at her in concern but she just shook her head, laughing.

"I'm joking. Hoseok is a good Captain, a good guy. But... be careful. He's after something that you have." She stood up and brought her selected materials to her desk. "And I don't know what will happen if you decide to get in the way of what he wants."

A sudden knock on the door drew their attention away from each other and to Hoseok who stepped through the doorway. "Are you done with him yet?"

Miralle nodded, shooting Hoseok a smile. "Yeah, I'll have fresh pair of sleepwear for the kid ready before night falls. Might have to wait a little longer for the rest."

"Thanks. Come on Prince." Hoseok beckoned the other to follow him as he headed out of the room.

Before Yoongi could follow though he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned his head to see Miralle leaning in. Her warm breath caused a shiver to run down his spine as she whispered into his ear.

"Be careful."

--
I based Miralle's image off of the Gerudo from LOZ: Breath of the Wild lmao