»four

Yoongi pouted and kicked his feet in the air as he sat on the chair in his fathers study.

"So... Seokjin told me." Yoongi flinched and looked down at the floor. He could feel his father staring at him from where he sat in front of his son but he didn't dare look up at the man. 

"Yoongi, as my son and heir to the throne I would expect you to behave better than this. How do you think I felt when Seokjin told me that you were walking in the sea water in your new clothes and rolling around in the sand. I paid for your clothes to be made in the most expensive of materials and this is how you repay me. What if a commoner saw? How do you think the public would react to seeing their future King acting like this? If he can't look after his own clothes how is he able to look after an entire Kingdom?"

The young boy let go of the breathe he was holding and felt his shoulders relax. He thought this conversation was going to go in an entirely different direction. But even though he was glad that Seokjin hadn't told his father about Jimin he was still angry that the maid had to get him into trouble.

"Sorry father. I promise I won't do it again."

His father nodded in response before turning around in his seat.

"I expect you not to do it again. I won't ban you from the beach entirely but I expect you to wear appropriate clothing for when you do go down there and take one of the maids with you. Now you can leave."

Yoongi nodded even though he knew his father couldn't see him and left the room. He immediately made his way to Seokjin's room. Seokjin was the head maid of the mansion and therefore was allowed his own room. Of course it wasn't extravagant but it was pretty good for a servant. 

Even so Yoongi much preferred the elder's room compared to his own. His room wasn't homely at all. It was too big for a 9 year old. That's why he would usually stay in Seokjin's room during the day but he couldn't sleep there. Seokjin would probably get fired if Yoongi's dad found out, Yoongi was part of the elite and therefore had to live like one so sleeping in such 'poor' conditions was definitely a no-no.

But now he frequented the male's room even more. Because luckily for him, the window overlooked the ocean.

A chuckled left Seokjin's lips as he saw the eager young boy run into his room. "Ah, Yoongi. Can I guess why you're here today?"

"You got me in trouble with Dad!"

"You're lucky I didn't tell him about Jimin." Yoongi nodded and jumped up onto Seokjin's lap, wrapping his tiny arms around the adult.

"Thank you Jinnie."

He unwrapped himself from the elder and hopped off his lap, quickly making his way over to the window. He stood up on his tiptoes and peered out. The clear blue ocean welcomed him and a wide gummy grin spread across his face.

Never was he a great fan of the ocean, honestly being slightly afraid of the water but recently he had more confidence being in it. He didn't have to guess that it was because of Jimin. He already knew that.

The room was quite above the ocean so even if Jimin was still down there he wouldn't be able to seen him. When he spotted a few of his fathers soldiers patrolling down there his heart stopped and he really hoped that Jimin had left. He didn't the boy to be caught.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?"

"There's soldiers down on the beach." A soft whimper left his lips and he felt Seokjin rubbing his back.

"Don't worry. I didn't tell your father so there's no way they would know Jumin was down there."

Yoongi huffed and glared at the maid. "It's Jimin."

"Right, right, sorry." Seokjin looked down at the beach before shifting his gaze back to the young Prince. "What about I take you down there tomorrow morning? We can see if Jimin is back there. Okay?"

Yoongi immediately nodded. Seokjin laughed and ruffled the boy's hair. "Go have a bath, it's getting late and dinner will be ready soon. Do you need me to help you."

A bright blush spread Yoongi's cheeks and he glared at Seokjin. "No! I'm a big boy! I can take a bath by myself!"

Before Seokjin could reply the Prince ran off out of his room.

~~

Yoongi gulped as he stared down at the plate.

"Eat up, son, you'll won't grow up big and strong if you don't eat."

With a shaky hand he lifted up his fork and began picking at the fish that was lying on his plate. He could feel Seokjin's worried gaze focused on him but he refused to look up. If he did then they would see the tears welling up in his eyes.

Across the table from his father sat Mr. Kim, or who his father referred to him as Namjoon. He wasn't sure what to think of him of first but when  the words followed after the introduction his father gave, then Yoongi knew what he felt.

Anger. Disgust. Sadness. A mix of all three.

When the words had slipped past his lips he had seen Seokjin tense up. They had exchanged glances and he could easily tell by the look in the elder's eyes that he wanted to go over and comfort the young boy but he couldn't.

So instead he had to sit at the table in silence because if he spoke up then there was no doubt he would break out in sobs.

"Namjoon, you're here. I would like to introduce you to my son, Yoongi." Namjoon smiled down at him, stretching out his hand for the boy to shake.

He looked back up at Yoongi's father and greeted him back. "Sorry I took so long. We were down at the beach." Yoongi had tensed up at the words but relaxed as his father ushered him over to the dinner table. Maybe Namjoon had just been enjoyed a lovely stroll.

"Ah, yes, I heard about that. I never expected that there would be mermaids around here. But I'm glad that you dealt with them."

"It. There was only one. A boy. No need to worry though, one bullet through the heart and he was done."

And Yoongi's heart stopped.

~~
Happy New Year everyone! Here's a fast update as a New Year's gift. I also updated the rest of my books so be sure to check those out!

I hope 2017 is a better year than 2016 for everyone!