»five

STATEMENT BY THE KING

'As a celebration for my sons upcoming 20th birthday a festival shall be thrown! We are inviting all citizens to come down to the kingdom to celebrate with us.'

Yoongi stared down at the paper that was currently being spread around the town that lay beneath the kingdom. A frown formed on his lips as his gaze stayed trained on the paper before he threw it to the side and leaned back on his bed.

"Master Yoongi?" A faint voice sounded from the other side of the door but he already knew it was Seokjin. He didn't have to say anything for the older boy to enter and he waited for the other to speak. "Is everything okay?"

Yoongi simply hummed before he felt the bed dip beside him. "Yoongi..." A hand brushed through his hair and he relaxed into the touch. "You can't be upset anymore... It's been years. Please Yoongi, I can't bear seeing you so unhappy. Even your father is worried."

He opened his eyes slightly to meet Seokjin's concerned gaze. He knew he was being irrational, being upset for such a long time over a boy's death that he only knew for a few days but for some reason it really hit him when he heard the news that left Namjoon's lips that day.

Ever since then his father had hired Namjoon as a personal guard so he was forced to go through the pain of seeing the man who killed Jimin every day.

"Please be happy for me, Yoongi. At least for your birthday tomorrow. I want to see you smile again."

He stared up at the older boy and nodded his head. "Okay Jinnie..."

Seokjin gave him a small smile before ruffling his hair. "Now go get ready for bed, it's getting late."

"I'm practically an adult now, I don't need to have a bedtime."

The older boy stood up and gave Yoongi a stern look over his shoulder as he clicked his tongue.

"Yes but tomorrow is going to be a big day. You need to rest up."

Yoongi sighed as he heard his bedroom door close. He rolled over on the bed and pulled the covers over him, not bothering to turn the lamps off. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

~~

Yoongi groaned as his father pulled and tugged at his clothing and hair, making sure everything was okay before they leave the castle. He glared at Seokjin from the corner of his eye as he saw the other trying to hold back a laugh.

As his father continued to pester over his outfit he also noticed Namjoon standing awfully close to Seokjin who looked rather uncomfortable with the proximity between them. He noted that over the years that Namjoon had spent working here at the castle he had often made advances towards Seokjin. Though his advances weren't quite clear and obvious it wasn't too hard to notice the times he would purposely brush hands with the older boy or favour him over the other servants. When being in charge when Yoongi's father was gone he always give harder and more frequent work to the other servants while he practically let Seokjin sit back and relax.

But of course Seokjin ignored all of it, making it blatantly clear that he wasn't interested in the man but either Namjoon didn't care or he was too dense to realise.

"Okay Yoongi, are you ready for the big reveal of your birthday present?" His father shifted him from his thoughts and grinned down at his son. "I'm sure you'll love it."

The two elite plus Seokjin, Namjoon and a few other guards walked out of the castle and towards the courtyard that overlooked the ocean. Yoongi watched the beautiful blue water crash against the sand and pain welled up in his heart. He missed it so much. He missed him so much.

He took his place beside his father and tried his best not to grimace at the loud applause that travelled across the large expansion of citizens staring up at their King and Prince.

"I'm sure all of you know why I'm here today..." His father began. "We are here to celebrate my son's 20th birthday. Today is the start of something greatly important to both me and the entire kingdom. You all know that with my growing age I'll soon be gone," a few groans and cries echoed across the crowd at the thought of their beloved King passing away but he continued with his speech. "But this is the start of a new time. Soon Yoongi, my wonderful son loved by many, will take my place and so with such responsibility I am going to give him – and all of you – a gift that I took from you so long ago. A gift for the start of Yoongi's reign."

Mutters travelled along the people as the King moved to the edge of the courtyard to overlook the ocean. The stairs that once travelled down to the sandy beach had been blocked off by a stone wall. It was after Namjoon had... killed Jimin. When his father had found out about the mermaids he had immediately banned anyone from going down there, especially his own son.

"It's something I have kept from you all for so many years, but as it was once Yoongi's favourite place, I'll give it back."

A guard walked up to his father with a large sledgehammer in hand. Without another word the guard brought it down on the wall repeatedly. Gradually breaking the solid rock.

His father turned to Yoongi as this commenced and gave him a small smile.

"Happy birthday son."

~~

He didn't bother telling anyone where he was, but he figured it would be quite obvious. It had been a few hours since the wall leading to the beach had been broken down and it was now night. Yoongi was currently sitting atop a rock overlooking the ocean. The rock he sat at when he first met Jimin.

Angry tears burnt at his eyes but he blinked them away. It had been years, he couldn't let it bother him anymore. He refused to let it bother him. He would just be weak then and he couldn't be weak if he wanted to run an entire kingdom.

He sighed and removed his gaze from his hands to the ocean again. Though it was night-time and relatively dark he could still see faintly with the shine coming from the moon.

His gaze travelled across the horizon and a small smile graced his lips before he stopped. He took a re-take and rubbed his eyes. He couldn't be seeing this correctly. No. He was obviously tired and just seeing things. But his eyes stayed trained on the black silhouette. No...

But as the warning flames erupted from the fire pits and the warning bells started to echo across the kingdom he knew he was seeing right. A ship. More specifically...

"Pirates!"

--
Now stuff gets more interesting. ;^)))
Sorry for keeping you guys waiting but here is your update.

I love how all my other chapters got under 10 comments just saying stuff like 'awww' and 'this is cute' but the last chapter got up to like 40 comments that just consisted of screaming and swearing.

And yes this is yoonmin but I can't just have Jimin magically appear the chapter after right? That wouldn't be any fun cause for some sick reason the fact that I'm bringing others pain by doing this brings me joy.