The Destroyer

A dragon with shoulders as tough as stones watched from the trees. It watched the herd of man and she-man bury their dead. After a few minutes of silence, a thin one touched another and the herd left.

The dragon whipped into the air, pelting for his cave.

He reached the cave mouth and crashed to his feet. He was soon racing at top speed down a long tunnel. After a long time of darkness, it opened up into a cavern with snoring dragons, their fire sparking off the piles of gold. Each one slept happily for the first time in their lives, the chains around their necks only a memory.

Not stopping to look, the stone shouldered dragon walked around the biggest pile of gold in the cave. Shaking off some rope that snagged his claws, he leaned over a hole in the floor and fell in.

Diving down the well, he felt his heart rate speed up. He knew what he was about to face. The fire at the bottom was enough to burn a normal dragon through. It would scream as its body melted into nothing.

He spread out his wings just in time to save himself from crashing into the ground. Hurriedly he got his feet under him and stumbled forward. Then he stopped.

Chains rattled as a hulking beast shifted position. The mountain grunted, beating the ground with his spiked tail. Sparks flung from the tail's bulky end.

The chained dragon gnawed on it's lip, drawing blood that dripped onto the stone floor. His glinting eyes snapped toward the free dragon.

'You said there were man on the island.' Chained One accused.

'Yessss.' Free One admitted, trying to avoid Chained One's eye. 'But the man hassss left.'

'I long to destroy.' Chained One panted, digging at the stone. 'It's in the blood that stains the ground each and every day.'

'I know.' Free One winced.

'When my egg was left here it was foretold that man would find the metal object,' he gestured to a hollow sliver of metal resting on a pedestal on the other side of the cave. 'and instruct me in destruction. I yearn for it, free devil.'

'Do notttt be angry.' Free One pleaded.

Chained One lifted his head to speak but the chain snagged his thick neck and he broke into a horrid fit of choking. Embers spilled onto the ground. One burned his foot and he screamed.

'Out!' He screamed. 'I will kill you! I will kill you! OUT!'

'Pl-pleasssssse no!' Free One scrambled out the entrance, feeling heat on his tail just as he leaped up the well.

Once in the open cavern, Free One glanced over his shoulder at the hole in the cave floor. Panting he flew down the tunnel.

'Another herd of man leaving.' He said to himself. 'Let us hope Chained One dies before man finds him.'

AN: My sister said this made no sense to her. Basically, Egil was after this so he could destroy his village, and fill his hunger for power.