Park Frenzy

Michiko

" Aye yo Michiko, You found her yet." Karouki said on the phone. " No. I doubt I will. That guy from the pool must be her boyfriend. I thought they were untouched. But by the way he was all up on her."  I shuddered. I'm the weakest in the bunch. Even when I transform I'm not super strong. I do lift though. 6 pack no lie. But still. No one wants to be a wuss guy. "That's what you gotta do okay bro." I heard him finish. " Uhh what." I asked. " You dumbass. Just tell him what's what. That's your girl and shit. Well I have to go, this girl is giving me the look." I sighed and pressed end. Why was I so shy to talk to her. I made from her anyway. Cotton swabs. I chuckled, really mama, you just had to choose cotton swabs to make me. I smiled. It was funny. When we met I was immature. Finger up noes, flipping skirts, how disrespectful. I learned after the second time they beaten us that I actually like the kissing. I enjoyed the sweetness especially form Miyako's lips. Well, it was an air kiss but still I could feel how sweet it must've really been back then. I wonder what it must be like holding her hands. But she did kiss me on the cheek just from walking and talking to her when she was at the pool. I smiled again. Now it was sweet but I felt really embarrassed so I quickly flew home. I didn't even get to tell her my name. How was that going to get me any closer to be with her and to protecting her.

I strolled along the park and I heard crying. I walked a little farther and saw a girl with short brown hair and purple eyes in full tears. She was about 5 years old and  only came up to my hip. " What's the matter?" I asked bending down to her eye level. " I-I can't find my M-Mommy!" She whined. " I smiled and wiped a tear of hers. " I'll help you find her." She stopped whining. " You will?" I nodded. She smiled and I stood up. " Where was she last time you saw her." I asked holding out my hands. " I think the park." She sniffled.

" How'd you loose her?" I asked another question. " We were walking and I ran off because I left my charm bracelet at the park tables. She said she would be at the same spot but when I went back, she was gone!" She started crying again. " I picked her up and put her on my back. " It's okay. My name is Michiko. What's your's?" I asked. She giggled. " My name is Hailee." We walked around for an hole hour around the huge park and couldn't find her mom. " Did she leave me behind." Hailee said who was now walking next to me holding my hand. I was about to answer when someone tapped my back. " Miyako!" Hailee exclaimed.

It was her. She had on a light blue striped sun dress. She had a white satchel across her body and on her feet two pairs of baby blue flats. " Hailee, I knew it was you. Me and your mom were at the police station worried sick about you. You were supposed to meet her at the east gate." She ignored me and picked Hailee up. " Ahem." I said. " She turned around. "Say your the nice boy from the pool." She smiled real big. " Yeah, and I didn't get to tell you my name. It's Michiko." I stuck out my hand and she shook it. " So my mommy where?" " At the police station. I'll take you there." She said. " And I'll accompany you." I said. " I'm tired. Hailee said in Miyako's arm. " You can fall asleep on my back if you want. It's a bit of a walk to the station." I said and pulled her on it again. " O-Ok.." I heard her yawn and within 1 minute she was asleep. 

"So how do you know Hailee?" I asked as we walked together. " I used to babysit her until I had to quit." She said. " Why'd you quit." She sighed. I could almost feel her happiness draining down."My grandma became sick, so I had to be around her a lot more." She replied with a sadder tune. " I'm sorry to hear that." She shook her head and smiled at me. " No worries. So how you and Hailee meet." I explained the whole little story and how I was just helping her get to her mom. " Sounds like you really like kids." She noted which was true. I enjoyed kids. Playing with them and hearing them laugh. What's cuter than a kids laugh."Me? No disgusting little things. I would never ever hang out with them" I joked. She laughed.  Now her laugh is cuter than a kids laugh.

"So Michiko, How the extra weight on your back." She asked. I smiled and moved Hailee into my arms. " Feels like a feather." As we gradually moved towards the station, I could feel people looking at us. They were all smiling. I heard on elder lady said. " Now that's a good father." I blushed very bad. I mean we probably did look like a family. Not that I wouldn't mind.

We came to the police station and handed Hailee to her mom. She look like she was crying for years. cheeks all puffy and red. Eyes were so watery, looked like a storm. She was lying across the police bench, and practically jumped us for Hailee. " Thank you so much! She's my only daughter and I would be heart broken if something happened to her, here" She handed us some money. " A reward for returning her. Miyako nice to see you again. And your boyfriend looks positively handsome.Well, we need to go home." She carried Hailee into her car. " Wait he's not my-" she started. Our faces were red. " Well uh-" I said. I couldn't find the words. " Oh no! Almost 5:00 o clock. I need to go." Miyako said.

" Wait! can I have your number? Maybe we can get a bite to eat sometime." There were the words I was looking for. " Of course!" She wrote her number on a piece of paper and handed it to me. " And I would love to go out and grab something to eat with you. I wish we could hang now but I need to visit my grandma. But please call me." She gave me a small hug and waved goodbye. I stood there in the station for a good 5 minutes before doing a mental happy dance. I walked out and went into a corner to transform.

I flew home  with a big grin on my face.