Party Favors

Kaoru Pov

"You look cute B.C." Momo said strapping on her white heels. We were at the lab getting ready for the party. She was wearing a red tube top and ripped black jeans. Her hair was in a long ass braid down her back. "She's right it's not different but it is." Miyako said. She was wearing a nice short baby blue summer dress with flats to match. I took a look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a off shoulder black skull crop with very tight black ripped leggings with some army boots. Better than what I previously was going to wear. "I still think you should've went with shorts. It's going to be hot out." Momo said putting on her dark red velvet lips stick. "I have to agree but you still look nice." Miyako said while curling the ends to her pony tails. "Why do you guys want me to show so much skin." I asked pinning my hair up to be put to the side later. "Because you don't ever do. Only when you play soccer or sports or some shit like that" Momo sad applying another layer of lipstick. "Cause I like cover my body is that a problem? " I said apply the tiniest amount of massacre. "Of course it's not a problem but you should wear the shorts plus its going to be really hot tonight." Miyako said adjusting her shoes once again. "Fine you want me to wear the shorts I'll wear the shorts." I said annoyed going back into Momoko's closet to change into some navy blue ripped high waist shorts. "That looks better" They said and I rolled my eyes. Miyako's phone vibrated. "Michiko said they would meet us there, we should get going." She said strolling out the door as if on Cloud 9. "She so in love with that guy."Momoko said walking to the door. "And you're not?" I said crossing my arms raising my eyebrow. She stopped. "I don't know what the heck you're talking about." She said but I saw the blush tint on her face. "I think you do." I laughed walking past her. "And you and K-" I shook my head. "Nope, nope, nope, never. You guys however, hmph." I said and went to the car.

We arrived at the party and it was packed. "Shit it seems like a lot of people coming out tonight." I said trying to not hit anyone... Even if I did, I don't think I would feel regret. after 10 minutes of me maneuvering and manual labor, I parked the car and as soon exit the car people surround us. "Hey Momo!" "Miyako will you dance with me tonight?!" "Kaoru how about I show you a good time." I growled. It's because of these damn shorts" I thought. Lord let me just make it through the night without getting arrested. 

About an hour in and I lost my friends. I decided to go easy tonight and drink water... from the sink. People are creepy and stupid as fuck I don't trust them. Anyway I think I was in the living room or something just chilling surrounded by a bunch of PDA, moans, and dancing, you know a normal  party scene. I took a sip of my water when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "You know your ass looks great in that." I looked back and glared. "Ace what the fuck are you doing here." He smirked. "It's a party and plus lately it's been kind of tensed being a villain. I was hoping to find a chic to help me unwind..." I scrunched up my noes. " You are a sick bastard." He laughed and I noticed he had a cup of...grey goose? "I just tell it like it is. Something you probably aren't used to because of your little boyfriend." He said slowly. "Boyfriend? If you are referring to Kauroki you are mistaken and I am insulted." I glared looking onto the crowd.

 "Kauroki... That's what he calls himself now." Ace chuckled.'' What do you mean by that?" I asked.  "Okay whatever he is to you don't trust him. You clearly haven't figured out the whole story." He took another sip and threw his cup and completely ignoring my question. "What the hell you talking about?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "He chuckled again and patted my shoulder. "It's not my thing to say. Just a warning. Think of it like a party favor." He said. I'm sick of him ignoring my question. Dammit just a straight answer would be great."Why are you trying to be nice all of a sudden." His hand went to my face and usually I would break it but I didn't feel like it today... I wanted to hear his answer. "I just don't want you to get hurt. Believe it or not I actually care about you." He said leaning in and I though he was attempting to kiss me for which I had my fists ready. Instead he whispered in my ears. "You know where to find me, when you need help." I felt my face get hot, luckily it was very dark in the room. 

Was Ace actually being nice to me?  And for once he didn't come off as a creep. I kind of like him this way. He came back to his original position. "Now I did come here to find a girl and hmm 1...2...3," He grabbed a random red head from the dance floor. "Well aren't you a fine piece." He said to the girl. I take back him being a creep . She giggled and whispered some not-so-holy-angel-stuff, into his ears. Girls these days being so easy to get to. Chivalry is dead and I must admit women killed it. " Well raven I must be heading off now but you're welcome to join." He said. "Over my dead body." I said crossing my arms before taking another sip of my tap water. "If you're not careful that will happen soon." He mumbled. I stared at him and he smiled back at me. "Oh well say bye red." The girl giggled. "Bye Red." Okay she was drunk and stupid. I rolled my eyes as the walking one night stand left me. 

What was he even talking about. The whole story? do I even care for the whole story? I shrugged and looked onto the crowed. I saw a few lonely people like me. But eventually the would get paired off and a new lonely person would take their spot and the cycle continued. But why not me? I mean maybe I wouldn't go if a guy asked me  but it would be nice to be asked. Why was only the lonely one? That's not fair. Someone ask me dammit. So I don't look like a fucking buzzkill. I am fun and I can dance. So why isn't anyone asking me...was I meant to be alone.

I guess so.