Chapter Nine Part LXXIX

Shout-out to eragonxarya, who became my 450th voter and thus earned the chance to choose another prize! Check out her account on the external link, along with her stories Coffee and Nutela as well as A New Rider for all you amazing "Inheritance Cycle" fans. ;)

I'm toying around with the idea of making a book trailer for Destiny - if any of you guys are interested in doing it instead, go for it! Though the full cast list won't be revealed until the complete and rewritten version goes up, you can still check out the edited pictures without having to wait if you become my 500th voter or 100th fan (only one user away!) and select that option as your prize; plus, the titular characters of Niaomi - including but not limited to the Five, Liress, and Ruby - will be casted and pictured in the pretty-much-a-prequel. xD

Also, don't forget you can still earn chapter dedications for volume two by being a vocal reader and/or major voter! Love hearing from all of you guys - you're the bomb.com, and I still am totally astounded by the amount of attention this "little side project" has recieved! If you like my work and want something more original, check out the links to my two other books on my profile: Knives Make Lives and Classic Sweet Tea (co-written with RabbitInkStories). :)))

I fixed up the guide to Destiny, Du Kvaedhya Helgr, so that there are virtually no spoilers (and I give advance warning for the few that are present). Check it out if you're interested, but be warned - there is one MAJOR spoiler in the chapter "Dragons & Riders" in Thorn's info section, so be careful not to miss the warning and accidentally spoil it for yourself! But if you somehow manage to do so despite the warning here and there, don't fret - the "spoiler" will be revealed in the first chapter of the next volume (boy, are you guys in for a surprise!). >:DDD

Last but not least, check out a recently updated Transcendent Transcripts to find a selection of astounding stories from some awesome writers. That's all for now; enjoy the end of chapter nine - and try not to get too bent out of shape by the cliffhanger! (:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though it had the same feel as her brothers', picking his way through Niaomi's mind was much different for Eragon. He saw the scenes of the Reminiscence played once more, this time through her point of view. He felt her emotions as she battled through the pain and anger of losing her parents. He caught glimpses of the journey she and the others had taken through Alagaësia: hiding in towns, avoiding Liress, struggling against the visions she'd had of dragons and Riders and battles and rebels and...him.

Eragon was shocked to find out about the multitude of times Niaomi had envisioned him and Saphira, of how she could sense their thoughts and feelings and hopes and dreams as if they were her own.

That is the power of a dragonseer, her voice explained as he moved onwards with his search. The power which I denied for a long time during our journey.

He saw that her words were true. Niaomi had battled against her fate, believing that her powers had caused the destruction of her parents. Eragon examined her memories carefully, trying not to pry to far into their depths, but  images and thoughts impressed upon his mind nonetheless:

Storm raging vision boy shooting arrow flaming dragon flying brother gone captured flee fight first kill another storm dad sinking mom gone all gone alone captured fleeing fighting fleeing blood spilling dragonets screeching magic no don't want it liress laughing mountain climbing red hair kind eyes one name the light luminous tattoos visions stronger the boy again meeting brother burying father diamond tomb like belinda training learning controlling visions power growing storm brewing must leave must help must go aunt waiting nasuada waiting scarf waiting to be given must leave must help must go in vision it's destiny.