Chapter Eight Part LXVI

This will be the start of a new chapter - I've planned out Destiny so that there will be ten chapters in every volume (not including the prologue nor epilogue), and five volumes in all. This first volume shall be named "Shur'tugalar (Riders)", and then the book shall be marked as complete. The second volume, entitled "Indlvarn (Bond)", will be an entirely new book, since I want the transition to be as smooth as possible.

So, each volume will be a new book, though the chapters' numbers will continue in order. In order to differentiate between the volumes, there will be a different cover for each one. The old cover of Destiny will be for the complete, edited version of the book. It shall remain a side picture on the author's notes for each volume (probably going to change the ToC, too).

I hope this isn't too confusing! :3 Also, shout-out to IvettBodi for becoming my seventy-fifth fan! If you want a chance to earn prizes, vote to become the 250th voter or become my eightieth fan. The dedication for this chapter goes to lockleyking, an enthusiastic voter and a great fan who even earned himself a prize! Thanks for your support. :D

Alright, my lovelies, here you go: the beginning of chapter eight and the conclusion to The Reminiscence arc! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

The boy stood there in momentary shock, unable to process the events that had just occurred. It wasn't until the voices of the others had almost faded that Nathan snapped out of it. He ran to catch up, and upon arrival grabbed Rose's shoulder and spun her around none too gently.

"What in the name of Hades are you doing?!" she spit vehemently, trying to pull free of Nat's grasp.

He did not relinquish her. "That's my line. There's something wrong with you, Rosaminda."

For a fleeting moment, it seemed as though remorse welled within the blue eyes; however, it was quickly replaced by the more familiar anger. "You're acting like a brute, Nathan."

"And you're acting like a harpy," he countered, and the present day version explained, "The repulsive true form of sirens."

In the image Rose's beautiful face twisted into an ugly snarl. "Then why bother to be around me? Aphrodite knows I have no desire to be near you."

Nat stared deep into her eyes, but there was nothing but hatred to greet him. His face hardened as he thrust her away. "If that's they way you want it, then fine!"

From the sidelines a guffaw sounded, and the mirror revealed the other three watching the scene in amusement. "Just what I expected from my big brother," Nicholas jeered. "Giving into his anger and then giving up."

"Never was much of a fighter," Niaomi scoffed, her violet eyes shimmering with malice. "Too weak minded."

"Too weak everything," Ren corrected, making her beau and twin crack up. Nathan and his sister were not amused.

"You've always been so snooty," the girl complained as her brother's knuckles whitened. "My insults don't need correcting."

Renata merely gave a haughty flick of her hair and replied, "Of course you wouldn't think so, or else they really wouldn't need correcting."

"Like you are sooo perfect. Flouncing about with that stuck-up attitude and those hideously dull gray eyes."

"And you're one to talk with those freaky irises of yours. You look like a goddamn freak of nature."