23

April 24 2021

It is a very special day today. Maine just woke up alone in her bedroom. She stood up and stretched. She slowly walked towards the balcony amd watched as the sun started to rise from the depths of the horizon. The tides of the ocean was getting high, clouds are starting to settle in and the white sand of the shore is turning brown.

She looked at the far end of the beach and there she saw everything she could ever ask for. The truck of the catering services just arrived, the staffs are starting to arrange the chairs and tables, the floral arc right in the middle of everything was being aligned by men and the yellow and white cloths are being mixed together to form a beautiful design for the venue.

She smiled and looked back st the horizon. She felt the heat of the morning sun kiss her cheek. Then Maine looked at her right hand.

"I guess you never left me after all." she told the diamond studded ring.

She walked back inside and made some breakfast. Today, she chooses to have a simple yet favourable meal. Eggs, bread and coffee. Perfect partners.

After finishing her meal, she washed and kept everything she used and went inside the bathroom to take a bath. She turned on her radio, an old gift from her father and kept it above the water's reach.

She filled the bathtub with bath bombs and let it mix with the water before she dips in it. She layed down inside the pink colored water but left her head above. While listening to the morning songs of the radio she just layed still on where she was propped.

"Goodmorning Philippines! Ito ang morning DJ niyo, DJ sunshine." The radio blurted out.

Maine smiled at herself and chuckled. This has become her habit, taking a long bath in the morning while listening to her favorite radio station. It kind of just brings back some memories that she'd like to keep at the back of her mind.

"Sa lahat po ng mga naka move on na diyan, at sa mga hindi pa, nako guys. Kung naka get over ka na sa past mo at happy ka na sa present mo eh aba Say you'll never let me go na. Pero kung ikaw naman ay may tinatago pang something sa heart heart mo... Nako. Kaylangan mo ng i-Set You Free yan!"

Maine laughed at the DJ's antics as she poured a small portion of shampoo on her palm. She lathered it onto her hair and rubbed it constantly as if to massage her head.

"So eto... May song request tayo from kuya.... Ano to wait hirap basahin ah. Kuya ay mali Mr. Secret. Di ko mabasa Pangalan ni koya! hahaha pero eto na nga kuyang nagpadala ng Song request. Sabi ni Mr. song request It is never too late to love somebody again. Okay penge pong tissue dumugo ilong ko. Joke eto na. Tapos sabi niya, Today... I'm going Home to the place where I belong. Okay go kuya laban lang! So eto na ang Home by Daughtry. Para sa mga nagkabalikan at magkakabalikan. Here it is..."

Maine listened intently to the song that was playing on the radio. She stared at her knees and rubbed it with no reason why.

As the song plays, memories started flashing back in her mind. She remembers everything she went through, everything they went through, everything she risked despite of all the dangers.

All the happy memories came rushing back like a river flowing constantly. Then bad memories also came like a tidal wave. She smiled yet a tear was coming out of her eyes. But she wiped it off and chuckled.

"I'm finally happy..."

The song meant a lot for her. It seems to be asking her something that she could not answer. But she shrugged it off and continued to bathe until the song finished. Then she rinsed herself and walked back to her bedroom.

She wore a white shirt and lose shorts. Then she covered herself with a yellow robe. She walked out of her bedroom and saw her family in the living room. Their house here is very spacious. This only used to be a resthouse, but now they are currently using it for the wedding. There is a small kitchen in every room so that everyone can have their own privacy but there is a common kitchen for everyone.

She saw her sister Coleen sitting on the couch, her eldest sister was still in her room with her husband and son. And as soon as her parents greeted her goodmorning, they left for a short walk on the beach. As for dean and nico, they were playing video games in the living room.

She walked to Coleen and flicked her finger towards her ear to tease her. Coleen, who was using her phone glared at Maine.

"Nako kang babae ka ikakasal ka na immature mo parin!" Coleen exclaimed.

Maine sat beside her and faced Coleen. "Eto naman minsan lang. Syempre di na kita masyado maasar pagkatapos ng wedding kasi magpapakalayo layo na kami bleh!" Maine childishly stuck her tongue out.

Both of the girls laughed. They talked about a few things in accordance with the wedding, the food in the reception, and mushy things like will they get to see each other as often as before?

"So Meng... Sure ka na talaga ah? Okay na lahat?" Coleen asked her in a serious manner.

"Oo naman. I've dreamed of this since I was 16 noh. And alam mo naman na I love him. So yeah... Official na this haha!"

"Madami dami rin kayong pinagdaanan no?"

Maine smiled and chuckled. "Oo marami rin. Pero atleast nahintay niya ko hahaha! Ang bagal ko pa naman kumilos." She joked.

"Luh luh luh. Nababaliw na tong luka. Kawawa sayo magiging asawa mo."

"Grabe teh..."

A car then beeped infront of their house. Coleen volunteered to check who it was. She came back in with two other girls and they were dragging a Mannequin with her White Wedding dress on it.

Maine looked at it with awe. She walked towards it and brushed her hands on the fabric. It looked amazing yet simple.

She smiled and whispered to herself...

"Eto na..."

"Where is my home
Is it the place where families come
Or a place where it seems to be a safety dome
For me my home is where my heart beats
My home is where my heart perfectly fits
For then if my home is at the edge of tomorrow
How can I return if it will give my love sorrow
Yet of these things I am not that sure
Is my love for this person ultimately pure
There is a universe between happiness and contentment
Now what would you choose for your life that will be permanent
Are you even sure that you are at home
For I dont hear your heart singing a happy tone"