19

"Tito! Tito!" Maine called out as she ran furiously in her yellow pajamas and shirt.

The head of the Faulkerson household, in his suit jogged to meet Maine who looks worriedly sick and stressed and everything in between.

He hugged her tightly as if she was his own biological daughter. Maine hugged him back, clutching onto his coat ever so tightly that it seemed to pierce holes through the thick expensive fabric. As tears flowed from Maine's eyes and falls onto Falkerson Sr's coat, keeping it damp, The senior brushed and kissed the young lady's head to give her comfort even if he, is also starting to burst out tears.

Maine sniffed and breathed in heavily. She kept on holding onto the Senior's coat as if it was all she could ever hold onto.

"Ate! Ate maine!" A young girl's voice called out from behind the senior.

She let go of the senior and peeked behind him to see who it was. It appeared to be Richard's brother and sister Riza who was walking towards them.

Maine walked nearer to Riza and hugges her too. The two ladies hugged each other and let go immediately.

"Riz, Riz s-s-si Jay? S-si RJ nasan? Asan siya Riza!" She exclaimed out of frustration.

"Ate please calm down, kakalipat lang nila kay kuya sa ICU." She said as calm as possible.

"Ha? ICU? Bakit? Is he okay? Ano kaylangan ni RJ? Dugo? I-I can donate! What?"

"Ate! Kalma please, para kay kuya..."

Maine practiced her breathing and calmed herself. "Okay Riz... Ano ba magagawa ko?" She said in between sobs.

She sprawled down on the floor like a child having a tantrum. Her hair all ruffled, cheeks all wet and eyes both red and puffy.

"Dasal ate... Yun nalang... Y-yun.. Yun nalang yung pagasa ni kuya mabuhay..."

When maine heard the last sentence, she felt her world swirl and hurl. Then the last thing she saw was the senior waking her up as she lay on the cold hard ground of the hospital.

----///---/::--/////------////------///---

(Revelations)

9 years ago...

"Senior Faulkerson... Kindly have a seat please..." Charles Rebell, Rosaline Rebell's father said as he blew on his pipe.

"B-bakit po sir?" Senior asked nervously.

"I need you to do me a favor."

"Yes sir?"

"Tell your son to marry my daughter Rosaline. Atleast have a relationship with her."

"But sir... I can't force my son to do something like that! It's his life sir!"

Charles Rebell chuckled and settled his pipe down on the glass table after having one last huff.

"Ricardo... Kilala mo kung sino ako hindi ba? Ako ang ama ng Alpha... Kaya pumili ka, mamamatay pamilya mo at babagsak kompanya mo, oh ibibigay mo ang anak mo sa anak ko?"

"Yes...Sir..."

_*_**_*_**_*_**_*_**_*_**_*_**_*

1 year later...

"Sir Rebell, pinatawag niyo raw ako?" Senior Faulkerson asked as he trembles inside and out.

"Yes Ricardo... my little Rosaline told me everything that happened! I thought we had a deal?" He exclaimed and slammed his table.