7

"Hey babe...Let's go to bed na." Rosaline asked Richard sweetly. She wore a red night gown with a very low neckline and a slit that goes up to her torso. She was trying hard to seduce him but it was eventually no use.

"Goodnight." Richard gloomily told her before he laid down on the bed. He had his back faced against her as if to try and push her away. He kept the bedside lamp on to make him more comfortable.

Rosaline slowly snaked her hand to her torso and caressed his tummy. Richard nonetheless felt annoyed at her actions for no reason why. 'She's just being sweet?' He thought.

Rosaline then started blowing small amounts of air behind Richard's neck. It was supposed to be seductive and hot but what he felt was irritation.

"Hey, let's just sleep okay. I'm tired. And we have talked about this. No pleasures until we're married."

Rosaline rolled her eyes and distanced Richard. "Then marry me already." She complained.

"I can't do that yet."

"Bakit naman?" She half yelled.

"Hindi pa nga ako ready!" Richard finally out bursted. He sat up and rushed outside to their living room. He went to the bathroom and changed into a casual wear and grabbed a few important belongings.

"So ano aalis ka?" Rosaline exclaimed from behind him.

"Magpapalamig lang ako."

"Ano ka ba? Ever since that day sa party ng company naging yelo ka na sa lamig!"

Richard stopped in his tracks and thought through a few things. "Well, baka nahulugan lang ako ng yelo mula sa langit tapos aksidente ko tong nalunok ayun naging yelo na rin."

"Ugh! Why are you being like this?!" Rosaline screamed irritably. She stomped her foot like a kid and sighed heavily.

Richard walked out of his unit with his backpack and went down the parking. He fished his key from his bag and started the engine. He started driving but before he reached the main road, he stopped by McDonald's drive thru and ordered two rice meals with chicken fillet, a large fries, a sundae and a monster float. He got his order immediately since he was the only one who went for drive thru and it was past 11:00 pm.

He ate his sundae as he drives. He passed by the toll and payed quickly. He drove again for another hour while eating everything he ordered by multitasking.

When he reached the condo in his destination. He rode the elevator to the 24th floor and looked for the room. He stopped in front of the door that was numbered 122 and took his keys out, he fumbled through the set of keys until he found the one and inserted it inside the keyhole. He slowly turned the knob, the feeling of annoyance and irritation still there.

"Hi Riz–" He was surprised at the picture in front of him right now. He didn't expect to see them today.

"Kuya RJ?!" Riza exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Maine blushed and panicked at the moment. She was clueless on what to do. She looked down at her feet and pretended to be not there. If that was possible.

"M-ma-maine?" He asked as he slowly walked towards her. He knelt down in front of her and tucked her hair behind her ears as if it was an instinct.

"H-hi, Richard." Maine nervously said. She looked at him and she once again felt the ache in her heart but a mix of longing and safety slumped inside her.

"I didn't expect to see you here."

"Uhm yeah. I got here a few hours ago."

"Guys! Would you like juice?" Riza asked as if uncomfortable in being a third wheel.

"Ako na kukuha Riz." RJ offered. He tapped Maine's head before rushing to the kitchen.

Maine remembered the sweet gesture that he did. He always taps her head softly and sweetly as if caressing them to keep her calm and to lighten her up. She felt a pang of hope climb up to her. His body and heart quite remembers. She thought.

"Ate maine... narinig mo ko?" Riza asked and tapped her shoulders.

"Oh uhm sorry. Ano yun?"

"Sabi ko, sorry. Walang pasintabi si Kuya na dadating siya. First time nga to nangyari eh. Well, ever since nangyari yung aksidente niya of course."

"O-okay lang yun. Uhm. Kukuha nalang siguro ako ng isang room. Nakakahiya naman kung dito ako magii-stay."

"Nako ate wag na!" Riza told her.

Richard came back with a tray of juice and a chicken sandwich. He looked at both the girls and smiled at them then gestured for them to eat. He sat beside Maine and grabbed a sandwich.

"Asan telephone mo Riza? Papareserve nalang ako ng isang room." Maine asked as she ate her sandwich.

"Oh, kukuha ka pa ng isang room? Wag na. Sorry naabala ko pa kayo. Ako nalang kukuha ng isang room, ako naman naka istorbo eh." Richard offered.

"Hep hep! Better yet, kuya kayo ni ate Maine sa kwarto then I'll stay here sa sofa bed. Naka centralized naman tayo eh."

Maine and Richard surprisingly looked at each other. "No Riz, ako nalang sa couch." Maine offered.

"Hay. Mamaya na nga lang yan haha ang sarap pa netong sandwich eh."

All three ate in silence, but Richard kept his eyes glued to Maine for an unknown reason why.