22

Readers.... I'm sorry if there are typos or errors po or di po kayo contented with this chapter. I got 🤒🤒🤒 po today. Anyways vote po and share your thoughts ❤️
VerySpecialNote: Wag po iaarchive or idedelete ang story after reading this chapter 😂❤️

---/////--////://-------/::://-//----///:-

1 day later

The doctor came inside and saw everybody sitting around the bed of a still unconcious Richard. He was now thin and as ice cold as ever. But he's still breathing.

The senior, Riza, RD and Maine greeted the Doctor with either "Doc" or "Goodmorning po."

The doctor smiled at them, but it was the smile of Comfort and pity. Everyone looked very worn out since that day of the accident. Eyes were all heavy and puffy due to constant tear shedding.

"Uhm... May balita ako sa inyong lahat... Uhmm... Should I say it now?" The doctor said, indicating a bad news for all of them.

"Go ahead doc... Lets get over that news." the senior Faulkerson impatiently begged.

Maine tightened her hold of Richard's hand. Even if it was already cold and stiff. Everyone looked down as if to prepare for a huge attack.

"Richard's chance of being alive again from his third month up until today, went from 50% to....... 5%....." She told the last word faintly, wishing that she never had to tell that to this poor family.

"RJ......." The senior said and went out of the room. RD followed him but Riza stayed.

"Now... I see that Senior Faulkerson is too upset to talk abojut this... Pero I need to ask you now... Will you continue waiting? Or will you discharge his life support?" The doctor bluntly asked.

Riza and Maine looked at each other with shock on their faces. Tears then flowed down from their eyes, Maine hugged Richard as she cried and Riza followed her family outside of the ICU.

Maine sat up and wiped her cheeks. She inhaled and exhaled to make her breathing normal. She held Richard's hand then glanced at him.

"Let Go......" She heard a soft and faint voice brush past her ear. She swore it was very realistic and all too familiar. But she shrugged it off and looked back at the doctor.

"Wala po ako sa posisyon para magdecide doc... I will agree to anything and everything that the Senior will agree upon." Maine bitterly blurted out.

The doctor simply nodded. She ruffled at patted Maine's hair lightly and left.

Maine looked back at Richard. She let herself cry and shed tears at the moment. She held Richard's thin cheeks that were filled with thin amount of stubbles.

She smiled and sniffed while brushing her hand on his face, tracing every mark, every stubble, every part, every scar and every curve as if to study and remember his physical whole being.

"Love... Kung di ako naloloka kanina, and you were the one who whispered let go..... Then I will support you all the way through. Sabi ko nga diba? Kahit anong gawin mo, kahit anong papuntahan mo nandito lang ako. I will never leave your side. Even if it pains me, us too much. Pero kung pagod ka na, ganun na din kami RJ. Pagod na rin, gutom, puyat, umaasa. I'm sure na sinubukan mo lumaban. I know you so well that I could write a dictionary about everything you are. I prayed at sleepless nights, asking God to bring You back. Pero nothing can change that if he wills so. Kaya Richard Faulkerson Jr. Thank you for everything. Thank you for unexplicably accepting me for who I am. For guiding me with your heart and soul, for risking every second of your life for me, for every memory that we made, every picture we took, every place you took me into. For all the fight and Argument that we had, for all the things you worked so hard for to give it to me. Para sa lahat ng tinuro mo sakin, sa lahat ng ipinarealize mo sakin, sa lahat lahat ng stories na ibinahagi mo sakin... And for all the Love that you gave me... I love you... Goodbye."

She said and stood up from her chair. She leaned on Richard and kissed his lips with all of her hope and love and she left it there.

Maine never visited Richard again after that day...

---------////--------//////-------///------

5 more months later...

April 20, 2021

"Babe... Excited na ko..." Maine said with giddiness painted on her face.

"Gusto mo ba talaga yun? Na family lang natin pupunta sa Wedding?" He asked as his muscular arms cuddled her petite body.

"Oo naman. Jusko po. Anything will do. Gusto mo tayong dalawa lang haha!" Maine joked and slapped his arm that left a few red marks on his skin.

"Araaaay ko po meeng! Torture na to babe!" He exclaimed and pouted his lips like a five year old begging for ice cream.

"Sorry na sorry na. Nadala lang ng kalokohan Jay. Haha" She apologized and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He worriedly asked as Maine walked to the counter.

"Nako yan. Kukuha lang ng Mango juice uy. Tong batang to." She teased as She poured the carton filled with fresh juice.

A phone rang and He grabbed it. He answered the call after clearing his throat.

"Yes this is he."

"Oh wait, yung catering services ba to?" He asked excitedly.

"Yes po! Tuloy na tuloy sa April 24th. 200% sure na po." He exclaimed.

Maine chuckled at his childish antics as she washed the used glass. She looked out of the window and saw the sun that was starting to set.

She smiled contently and dried the glass with a towel. She walked back to the couch and cuddled him. This is more like it. He's now a bit meatier and fatter from five months ago. You can see in his face that he is now happy and contented that he got Maine back in his arms after a long time.

And today for sure... They both know that they will be living happily ever after...

"The end has now come
I hear finally heard your heart hum
This is now the end of a chapter
But tomorrow is not guaranteed to be a Happily ever After.
Today I stand in the middle of four walls
I hear noises all around the halls
Was that supposed to be the end
Or has God pitied me and another life he Lend
Must I live with this new story
Or must I go back to the start and hurry
This might be the end
But this might be not.
Soon you will know if He loves me or Not..."