Twenty

The City, 3 days until the raid
I woke to the silent morning, the A/C unit buzzing loudly. I rubbed my eyes, and turned on my side, wrapping my arms around Alli's sleeping form. I ran my fingertips down her arms, taking in the moment. Her eyes slowly opened and a sleepy smile crept across her face. "Is it morning already?" She kissed me gently and I replied, "Yeah, yeah it is." I kissed her forehead and got out of bed, stretching and heading off towards the bathroom for a shower. I turned on the water, looking at myself in the mirror. Picturing what my son or daughter will look like. I closed my eyes, and felt Alessia hug me from behind, her body cool against mine. I turned to face her, running my hands down her body and she grinned, climbing into the shower, where I followed suit.

The Tower

"Any idea where the two lovebirds went?"

"Nope, not a clue. And not my problemo." Ryan said comically, flipping through the thousands of pages of research books. "All these books and next to nothing about the Hellmouth. It's weird. Freaky almost. Although there are missing bits from novels. It's like they erased it from the codex." Ryan groaned frustratingly and threw the boom he was holding across the room.

"Anything I can help with?" Another warlock, Arya, walked into the room, sitting across from Ryan.

"Yeah I'm looking for info on the Hellmouth. But I can't find anything."

"Maybe I can help." She removed her Obsidian Mind helmet and began digging through the books as well.

A few hours of searching, and nothing. This was bad news for the team. They'd be going in blind. "Cayde isn't going to like this." Ryan laid his head down on the table, defeated.

Tower

"So. We're blind."

"Might as well be. I've been looking for days. And nothing has come up." Ryan sunk in his seat.

"Hey. No biggie. We'll do what we do best. Improvise." I offered a reassuring grin and he took it.

"On the other hand, Zavala and I have the perfect strategy. Havoc and alli's trainees are more than ready. We're prepared. We can do this." X put his fist in the center of the table and we all fist bumped.

"Hell yeah we got this. That ugly bastard won't know what hit him. Now, finish eating and get to bed. Scouting run first thing in the morning." I said with a mouthful of potatoes. The others groaned sadly.

"No groaning, I'm the boss." I grinned and Havoc punched me in the arm. "Night, boss." He laughed and headed out, followed by X.

"Two more days. Keep training. We don't know what to expect, so train for the worst." I said to Ryan and Alli, finishing my drink. I'll see you in the morning. I stood up, stretching, and headed off to bed. A long day awaited.