Five

If I'd have known what was to come, I never would've gone to that silo in the first place. The south wing lay in crumbles. Debris and bodies everywhere. We were too slow. The missile crippled the Tower and we weren't fast enough.
I sat looking out over the city, my head in my hands. My ghost, Shade, hovered around me, offering happy comments. But comforting people wasn't his strong suit. Hell, I don't blame him.

"Hey.. You okay?" A voice said softly from behind me.

"You know I'm not. It's my fault Alli. My fault. I could've stopped the missile. But I wasn't fast enough." My gaze dropped again and she sat beside me, dangling her legs off the side of the ledge.

"It's not your fault. You know that. I couldn't have stopped it either. I don't think anyone could've." She layed sideways, her head in my lap. I looked down and she was grinning.

"What could be funny at this moment."

Her smile glued to her face she said nothing. I felt the corners of my mouth twitch and I smirked a bit.

"There ya go! You look better when you're smiling grumpy pants." She blew her bangs from her face, her violet eyes glowing in the moonlight. "Nobody blames you for what happened. And your team is always here for ya. By the way, Ryan invited us to some party in the Hunter hangout later tonight. You in?"

"Nah.. Go without me. I need some sleep." Shade dematerialized, and I got up stretching.

"Alright. But if you change your mind, you know where to find me. Okay?" She kissed his cheek and jogged off to join Havoc and Ryan, they waved and I waved back before heading off towards the barracks.

Maybe you should go David, maybe it'd help. Shade said softly.
Yeah maybe. I guess you're right, I could use a good time.

That's the spirit! Shade laughed and I chuckled too. Guess it's party time.