Nineteen

3 days later, 4 days from raid day

"No no no! Breathe in, then shoot!" Havoc groaned in frustration. But some of his students were really showing improvement. "Keep it up guys, and those four eyed freaks won't see us coming!" Havoc cheered on his men, and X walked in the room. "Training going well?"
"Yeah man. These guys are quick learners. We'll be ready in no time." Havoc replied.
"Yeah that's what Alli told me. Let's hope its true." X said before walking off.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Only four days.. Everything hinges on this. If we fail, the Hive could destroy us." I was starting to feel the weight on my shoulders.
"It's a good thing we have a team. We can all share the weight." Shade replied, clearly reading my mind.
"Yeah you're right. But it doesn't make it any easier on us." I sighed and looked out over the last city. Our last hope.

"Hey, you hungry?" Alli hugged me from behind resting her head on my shoulder.
"Nah not really. I'm alright for now."

"What're you thinking about? The raid?"

"Yeah. I'm just really nervous is all. I'm afraid we'll fail."

"Have we ever failed before? We're a team. Nothing will stop us." She said cheerfully and a smile crept across my face. "You're right. We're a team. And a pretty damn good one." I spun around hugging her tight. "Thanks for that."

"But of course" She mock bowed and I laughed. "How about we go visit the city? It'd be a nice change of scenery."

"Yeah. I'd like that."
"The next shuttle leaves in five minutes. Just an uh, FYI. " Shade hinted at me.

"Well, our chariot awaits." Our fingers laced together and we walked towards the shuttle bay.

"I can't remember the last time I've been down here!" I cheered and the man spit fire into the air. It was a holiday, mardi-gras I think it's called. Some ancient tradition. I took a large sip of my drink feeling the buzz coming on. Alessia danced beside me, her violet hair blowing in the wind. It was mesmerizing.
Staring is rude David. Shade said to me and I ignored it.

The music was loud, the drinks were good, and the party was in full swing. Before I knew it, I was doing knife tricks for everyone! I back kicked an apple off someone's head. Cheering in victory. Alli grinned wildly and I swept her up spinning in circles. "Hey, how about we head back to that hotel we saw a ways away?" She suggested and I agreed.

I plopped on the bed, laughing hysterically. "Then I was like, yo mama's so stupid, she made a Dreg look like a genius!" Alli shook her head at my terrible joke but laughed anyway. I stared up at the ceiling, the cheering and music outside now muffled. "Have I ever told you how gorgeous you are?" I slurred out.

"All the time." She grinned and fell on the bed next to me. "Have I ever told you how funny you are?" She tried.

"Not enough." I laughed again and we turned on our sides facing each other.

"Hey, after all this, after Crota is gone, what say we get a place here. Settle down. I think it'd be great."

"Yeah, save up some glimmer, get a place in the high end district. Sounds like a plan to me." I said softly. My gaze finding hers.

"To the future." She whispered, her face nearing mine.

"To the future." I echoed, gently pressing my lips to hers, and letting the night slip away.