Art Substitute

A/N: I saw this on facebook and got inspired, its short but i hope you like it!!

"okay class that's then end of the great war next lesson we will be starting the second world war" I say wrapping up the history lesson I was currently teaching "oh homework, can't forget that please place it on my desk as you leave" I add instantly receiving a bunch of groans. I watch as each student leaves their homework on my desk, a couple trying to sneak out without handing it in. once the classroom was empty I pick through the pile to see who exactly had handed their homework in "why am I not surprised" I sigh seeing that the same few student hadn't handed their homework in. putting them away in my bag I collect all of my other stuff and make my way back to my dorm, I was just reaching the bottom on the stairs when Charles stopped me "(Y/N), may I have a word?" he ask. "uh sure, is they're a problem?" I ask glancing at the students who were running up the stairs next to me, "no, but I would like you to meet somebody" Charles explains, "okay is it alright if I put away my stuff first and meet you in your office?" I ask pointing up the stairs. Charles gestures for me to continue before moving away in the direction of his office, I run up the stairs and into my room putting down as of my stuff before heading down to meet whoever the new person was. It was probably a new student who shared the same powers as me, transfiguration, it was always easier to learn about your powers from someone with the same ability. When I entered Charles's office I was greeted not by a student but by the back of a tall and muscular man, "ah here she is" Charles smiles when he sees me. the man turns around and I instantly recognise him, and holy cow it was captain freaking America, "(Y/N) this is Mr rogers" Charles says introducing me to him "hi call me Steve" Steve smiles friendly holding out his hand for him to shake "nice to meet you Steve, to what do we owe the pleasure?" I ask shaking his hand noticing the strong shake and friendly squeeze. "Mr rogers will be taking over the art lessons for the next couple of weeks, provided he isn't needed for any missions that is" Charles explains " since he will be staying with us would you be able to show him around and answer any questions he may have" he continues. I nod my head in agreement "of course, which room is his?" I ask pulling a pen out of my pocket to make a note of it "he will be in the spare room next to yours, if that okay" Charles explains, I pull my pen away from my hand and back into my pocket clearing my throat "no that's absolutely fine, makes me easier to find I guess" I smile "c'mon then Steve, I'll take you on your tour" I say turning to Steve.

As we walk around the mansion I show him the art classrooms, where all the toilets are, the gym where we eat and all the other basics "so does all the adults teach here?" Steve asks as we walked through the large garden. "most of us yeah, some prefer it more than others" I explain thinking about the lack of enthusiasm that logan shows when he has to teach, "do you teach?" Steve says smiling down at me. "uh yeah I teach history its always been a love of mine" I say returning the smile, "oh really what period are you teaching right now?" he says raising a brow in question. I turn my gaze to the floor "uh we just finished the great war and we're moving onto the second world war tomorrow" I say avoiding his gaze, "that nice, if you ever need some more reliable sources just ask, I know how inaccurate history textbooks can be" he smirks. I stop in my tracks not quite believing what he said "really, it's not going to be hard for you to think back to that time?" I ask hesitantly he turns to face me smiling "yeah, I mean there are some subjects that are a bit tricky but it would be fine" he smiles. Just as I go to thank him I notice one of the students beginning to levitate above the high hedges, I furrow my brows realising students were playing trick on each other. Seeing the culprit and realising he was one of the boys that didn't hand in their homework I march over "Jacob put him down, you aren't supposed to use your abilities like that" I scold. Jacob jut rolls his eyes "I'm just practicing, can't expect me to understand my powers if I can't use them" he scoffs making the student he was messing with begin to spin "that's enough!" I hear a commanding voice shout behind me. I look to see Steve with a stern expression and his arms crossed in an authorative manner, "you have been told not to do that so stop and practice on an inanimate object" Steve commands stepping forward to stand level with me. I see Jacob visibly gulp and begin to lower the other student, "sorry captain" he says quietly, "thank you Jacob, now while I have you, you need to have completed your homework by tomorrow evening or I will put you in detention" I warn. I see Jacob roll his eyes again and begin to make a snarky comment back but stops when he makes eye contact with Steve again who was giving him a warning glare.