xxxix || house of curiosity

Start from the beginning

"I want to know why," Eddie stated, ignoring Patricia and talking to his mom again, "Why did you lock us in there? What are you up to?"

"That is none of you business, Edison."

"It is my business, Mom!" Eddie shouted, "You locked my friends and me up!"

The sound of Eddie's loud voice woke Vincent up, so he slowly exited his office, "What is going on down here?" he called out. His eyes widened with anger when he saw the four students, "Miller, Williamson, Rutter, Mercer, what are you doing?"

"These wonderful students," Mrs. Miller began, "Have left us a little 'thank you for having us' gift," she held up the piece of paper with riddles upon it that they left behind.

Eddie reached out his hand and tried to grab the paper off of Mrs. Miller, but she snatched it away.

"You four, please go to the dining room, now," Vincent stated in a calm voice.

Neither of them moved.

"I said go to the dining room immediately!" Vincent shouted.

Reluctantly, all four of them walked into the living room and resumed their seats from before.

"Are you okay, Eddie?" Fabian looked towards him.

Eddie just nodded.

"Let's go to school," Joy stated, "If Mrs. Miller has the riddles, then we need to beat her to the prize."

****

Mara walked into the kitchen around half an hour after Sibuna left the house, "Did you hear shouting earlier this morning?"

"Yeah," Jerome huffed, as he messed around with the food on his place, "Hey, Mara?" he then straightened his posture.

"Yeah?" Mara asked, as she sat down and poured some cereal into her bowl, then added milk.

"Do you think something weird is happening in this house again, you know, like before?"

Mara stayed quiet for a moment, she didn't want to reveal anything to Jerome, "Um... no, no I don't think anything is going on."

"Believable," Jerome mumbled under his breath, "So, what extravagant task is it this time?"

"Extravagant task? I have no clue what you're talking about," Mara lied.

"I've known you for long enough to know when you're lying," Jerome stated.

Mara huffed, "Fine, something is going on," she admitted, "But I dropped out."

****

Sibuna all looked around the drama room, looking for any indication to where the Ankh Cross piece could be.

"Beneath the faces, you'll find all," Fabian quoted part of the riddle, "Beneath..."

"Does the stage have a trap door?" Eddie asked, before jumping up on the stage and examining the floor, to see if there was any sign of an opening.

"Here," Patricia spoke, noticing a small carving in the floor.

Joy, Fabian and Eddie all walked over, joining her, "How do we open it?" Joy asked.

"There's usually a lever of kinds backstage," Fabian spoke, "I'll go and find it," he then walked off backstage, while the rest of them remained back the trapdoor, waiting for it to open.

A few seconds after Fabian left, the trap door flap fell open.

"Good job, Fabian," Joy called out, before she jumped down the hatch, Patricia and Eddie followed her.