Part 23

Frisk stared at the palace, made of marble and gold. It shone with its own light, like a beacon.

"I can't enter." Asgore said. He stood outside the doors, looking nervous.

"Wait here." Frisk said. Asriel opened the door, letting them enter. The two demigods walked through hallways until they entered the throne room.

The immortals sat there.

They were bigger than a skyscraper, sitting in beautiful golden thrones. The king stood when they entered.

"Frisk Dreemurr!" He boomed. "Is it true that you have stolen an important artifact?"

"Yes, milord. G, god of Death, had ordered me to steal it in exchange for my father, Asgore Dreemurr." Frisk said, bowing. Her eyes wandered to the throne next to him. A goat woman, dressed in green, watched her.

"Did you get your father back?"

"Yes."

"Well, this meeting is concluded." The king said.

"Wait. My friend, Chara, she stayed in the Underworld. I was hoping you could..."

"Bring her back? Let me see what I can do."

Everyone filed out of the room, leaving Toriel. Frisk gulped. "I'll wait outside." Asriel whispered. When he left, she turned to face her mother.

"Just so you know, I did it for Dad." Frisk said.

"I know, my child."

Frisk turned to leave. A hand on her shoulder made her stop. "I'm sorry." Toriel whispered. "I wanted to stay."

"Yeah. Tell that to the sixteen years without you."

Toriel sighed. Turning her daughter to face her, she frowned. "I left for your safety. If I had stayed, G would've tracked me down and found you. Whatever he seems to think, your destiny is not with him."

Frisk wished that was the truth.

-_-

Asgore and Frisk walked together. "Promise me you'll visit." He said.

"I promise."

"And write."

"And write."

"And-"

"I'll communicate Dad, don't worry."

"I wish I could." Asgore said. The two had reached the gates. "But you'll always be my baby girl."

"I love you."

"I love you too." Asgore said, watching his daughter go through the gates. "Frisk?"

"Yeah?"

"This is where you belong."

And thus ends the first book of the Mythology AU! Don't worry, two more books are coming, each one more Frans than the last.
But right now, I'm wondering if I should write a reference book to this au.
Comment below to tell me your opinion.