Part 20

The air was cold in the Underworld, despite the flames. Frisk looked around, staring at an area of a few thousands fiery pits.

"The Pits of Eternal Torment." Asriel said. "Place for the wicked." He pointed at a grey, foggy area. "Over there are the Grey Fields, where average people live."

"Average?"

"Not too good, not too bad." Chara said. Frisk's eyes landed on a faraway area. She pointed silently. "The Isle of the Good, where the truly good and virtuous live."

"We're here." The Riverperson said. "Tra la la, the Palace of Death."

It was a large, forbidding palace. Made from black marble and rock, the place was huge. There was a dock extended, where the boat stopped.

"Tra la la, he's in the gardens." The Riverperson said. Then their boat sailed away

"The gardens?" Frisk asked.

"Gardens of Mercy. They were supposed to be a wedding gift." Chara explained. Frisk gulped.

From G to her.

"Over here." Asriel said, pointing to a pathway. Chara followed, then Frisk.

As she walked, Frisk noted how the path was lined with gold, shaped into flowers. Emeralds made the leaves and stem.

Frisk gasped, staring at the garden.

Tall trees with black wood and glowing white leaves hung with juicy red pomegranates. Black roses and white lilies were growing, next to flowers that shone oddly.

Frisk stepped towards a poppy, touching a petal gently. It was made of jewels.

Her eyes caught something golden.

"Frisk, wait!" Chara hissed as the brunette towards the gold.

A gasp escaped her as Frisk stared at the golden flowers. They were live and growing.

"Do you like it?"

Frisk looked up, stepping back in surprise. A skeleton who she was sure wasn't there five minutes ago smiled at her.

He was tall, with two cracks in his skull. She noted the holes in his palms as he stuffed them in the pocket of his jeans. A grey turtleneck was over his ribcage. And over that, he wore a black jacket.

"Y- Yes." Frisk stammered, uncertainty in her voice. "Who are you?"

The God bowed with a smirk.

"I am G, God of Death."