Taking One For The Team

A/N: *Looks down guiltily* Yeah, another update. I'm so hooked on this story right now I just have to write. Hopefully someone's enjoying all these random updates, lol. If you did please comment, vote, or follow me!

Pic: Alex

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

"Your bags and your change. Exactly thirteen dinj and a tenth dinj." I stated, setting all the goods beside him.

Red was lounging in an arm chair, watching TV with a bored expression on his face. "That's it?" he inquired, looking not upset but surprised.

I shrugged. "Meat prices went up. It's getting closer to winter. They want almost six dinj per pound of ground beef."

"Greedy bastards," grumbled Red under his breath. "So, what'd you get?"

I smiled, unable to help myself, and showed off my buys. A vendor was selling last month's cologne so I got it cheap. It had a woodsy smell that the clients absolutely went nuts for. I wasn't too fond of it but it made them happy. On top of that I had bought Zac the treat, hoping it'd make him a bit happier. Seeing him look so depressed earlier bothered me. I didn't know Zac too well, he wasn't exactly in my social circle, but I knew of him and that he was usually a very chipper boy. "Babying him, are you?" Sneered Red after hearing the chocolate was for Zac.

I rolled my eyes. "No. But being almost choked out bothers a lot of people." I stated sarcastically.

"It's his job," retorted Red with a yawn. "And the Deltas are coming back tonight. So he better get used to it."

I frowned at his response, excusing myself to my bedroom.

My room wasn't too bland. The walls were an off-white color with white trim. My bed had a fluffy black comforter with green pillowcases and decorative throw pillows that were always thrown off the bed when I slept or a client was here. I made the bed, smoothing out the comforter. Across from my bed on a wooden stand was a 32 inch flatscreen television. I sometimes watched talk shows during the day if it was too boring. But some clients liked to throw on porn while 'enjoying my presence'.

I turned it on as I rearranged the items on my dresser, adding a full cologne bottle behind one that was nearly empty. I relaxed for forty minutes, watching mindless TV until the clock said it was six. Dinner would be called soon. Cooking duties for dinner varied by night. Tonight it was a Dylan. A petite twenty year old blond. He usually made pasta but it was always good so I never complained. Downstairs everyone was gathering at the dining room table. His friend Tyson was at his side, giggling about something as he stirred simmer sauce. Zac was sitting with an open chair beside him, hands clasped in his lap looking exhausted and frightened. The bruise had healed a bit, now looking a bit green around the edges. I sat momentarily beside him. He looked at me seeming a bit confused. "Hi?"

"Hey. I got you something. Come see me after dinner, okay?"

A smiled played a this lips, a familiar sparkle entering his crystal blue eyes before his face grew blank. "You didn't have to get me anything," he mumbled. "Red wouldn't like it."

"Red is a douche." I replied curtly, standing. "Come see me."

Once he'd nodded looking defeated, I walked over to where Alex was pouting, arms crossed over his chest. "I thought you always sit with me?" He complained, bottom lip protruding.

"I'm here aren't I?" I chuckled, grabbing the pitcher of ice water and pouring it into the glass by my plate.

All together there were currently fourteen omegas here. We had two rooms free still with no doubles. Two boys had nights off each night. It varied on who they were. As of today, I have gone two solid weeks without a single night off. Alex had one tonight, along with Ryan, who was at the other end of the table, pouring milk into his glass, grinning at something his friend was saying.