Painful Realizations

A/N: Comment & Vote!

Our hands explored our bodies in a heated way.

The contrast between the human touch and stark close was a pleasurable torture. Our breathing was erratic and heavy as our hips rutted against each other in a primitively drive for friction. "Fuck Mason... I can't control myself."

Marc rolled away from me and backed against the wall. His cock was erect, pointing at me in a lewd, teasing way that was beginning for my mouth to be around it. My mouth watered at the concept. "Then don't."

Marc whined and closed his eyes. His hands fisted. "No I can't. Not like this."

"What?" He wasn't making sense and it was hard to think about anything other than how long it'd been since I was laid.

"I'm taking advantage of you."

"I'm whore Marc. It's fine." I crawled to the edge of the bed and extended my hand.

I wanted to bring back to me. For him to warm and ravish me. But Marc inched away. "I can't Mason."

He began to put on his clothes and my teeth grit. "What the hell Marc?"

"You don't understand Mason. I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm asking you to fuck me." I replied angrily. He was at the stairs. If he left me down here I was going to be pissed. "Get back here and do your damn job."

"My job as your mate is to keep you safe. I'm keeping you safe from me."

He took the steps two at a time and when he closed the door I heard him lock it. I rolled over and wrapped myself in the blankets. The sexual heat was replaced by an embarrassed sense of rejection. It was like I had been refused by a mate all over again.

Why would he fuck me when there were plenty of proper Omegas at his disposal? I was the ugly mate he was unfortunately bonded to. And despite what he said, I knew me being down here was to lessen the shame. I was hideous in everyone's eyes.

Shivering I finished the book and turned down the lamps. I was alone, rejected, and bored--why not sleep? When I rolled over at some point during the night, it was into the warm embrace of Marc. It passed my sleepy mind to slap some sense into him or at least demand a reason for his rude actions. But, alas, the comfort pulled me back to sleep.

"Good morning sleepy."

"I hate pet names."

"That's too bad--I happen to love them."

I cracked an eyelid and glared at him. "I think you're taking advantage of my exhaustion."

Marc's easy smile turned into something much grimmer. "Don't make fun of me," he growled. "Don't you understand I'm protecting you? It's practically--"

He stopped and huffed. I cocked my head a bit. "Practically what?"

"Like you're asking to get hurt."

While what he said was offensive within itself I knew it wasn't what he wanted to say. He was holding something back--why? I knew all the dirty secrets of this Pack: cannibalism, torture, and criminals. What else could there be?

What was bad enough he couldn't tell me?

"I want to see Charlie and Zach today."

I felt uneasy about everything suddenly. If he held this back what else could he be? My mindless belief in his words was coming back to bite me in the ass. My friends could be in danger. And where the hell was Red?

Marc sighed. "There's two feet of snow outside right now--you didn't bring boots."

"We'll shift."

"Your paws will freeze. When it warms up we'll go. Besides going up there won't do any good. They're probably freezing and hungry just like us."

While I was quite hungry I wasn't cold. In fact, I was rather...toasty. Marc smiled as if reading my mind. "Where did you get it?" I couldn't help but be excited. I was warm. And the glow in the table was from a real lamp!

"A magician never reveals his secrets," teased Marc.

Magic or not I was just glad it was here. Plus the TV looked incredibly enticing as well... "Can we watch a movie?"

"I only have a VCR," frowned Marc. "I'm sorry."

The shock wasn't there--in fact I was impressed he had one! "What movies you have?"

He got up and produced a small box. He read off about twelve titles. None of them seemed familiar so I told him to pick. To my shock he chose a rom-com with a misunderstood woman and a quirky guy.

Marc seemed to glorify this kind of normalcy. The fake expectations and realty of human life. He enjoyed the perfect imperfections as they were acted out to another's standard. It was almost pitiful...if not cute.

His hand wrapped mine and he tucked me against his chest. I listened to his heartbeat, my  personal soundtrack to the film. I relished the gentle tickle from the vibration of his laugh. When the movie ended he let the credits roll and the screen turned blue as the machine rewound the movie. "What a way to spend a snow day," he murmured, kissing my hair.

I hummed in agreement. "What about Red?"

"What about him?"

"Isn't he coming here soon?"

"Not sure. We only talked briefly. He said 'soon'--I assumed it would be about a week. He was probably delayed by snow." Marc shrugged.

"You didn't have electricity how did you make a call?"

"You seem suspicious." Marc crossed his arms. "I don't think I've done anything to warrant questions like these."

"So answer them." I replied. "Did you actually call Red?"

"Yes I did Mason. And again, he was probably held up by the storm."

"Sure."

"Enough with this Mason. What's wrong?"

"You're keeping things from me!"

"Being a bit paranoid, aren't you?" Marc asked tiredly. "Why would I lie to you?"

"Because you don't want me to go home."

Marc looked astonished. "You're planning on leaving?"

I sighed--I hadn't meant to have this conversation with him until Red was here. I knew his answer would be know--I figured it would hurt less coming from him. "I have to go home Marc."

"Why? Are you telling me you like being a whore?" Snapped Marc. "I won't allow it. You love me--I know you do."

I sat up. "It's not a matter of love at this point--I'm owned. I belong to Red."

"You're my mate--that means you belong to me!" Marc's tone was possessive and savage.

I wasn't sure how to feel. Did I really want to stay or was my life back at the Pack House? Having a mate was...life changing. And I wasn't ready for my life to change. Sure it had more downs than up, but my friends were there--I couldn't leave them.

They were the only family I had left.

QOTC: Thoughts? Should Mason stay or go?

Goal: 15 comments {no spamming XD}