15 Clash

Without its sun relic, the city of Eno was left to heal on its own

Without its sun relic, the city of Eno was left to heal on its own. Both teams, with the guardians and sun staff, made the quiet flight back to the Bresnian Celestial Base.

The sun had almost completely set by the time they returned. Although many people stood outside the hangars to congratulate them, the operations room was much less enthusiastic.

As they entered, Maeyune saw silver and red streak across the room's monitors. The screens were replaying a very familiar scene: the battle between Moon God and Sun Goddess.

She stared in shock. Had someone been recording her and Reo the entire time?

Even as she watched, it was a duel that at moments had been too quick to capture. Beside her, Reo watched with wide eyes. He looked away as the recording exposed him lunging at Deric, with Maeyune almost too late to stop him.

General Soras pushed a single button on one of the panels. The recording paused precisely on the moment when Maeyune had placed her hands on Reo's head to enter his mind.

Silence consumed the room. Deiyu's eyes traveled to her. There was little concern in his bearing, only heavy disappointment.

The facility director regarded her with mild interest.

"Both Saber and Aegis Teams are grounded until further notice," General Soras began, his demeanor assertive. "Neither of you are allowed to leave this base."

Both teams stirred with commotion.

"But without us, the Iron Prophet will get their hands on more sun relics!" Reo disputed.

"We risk more damage with all of you running around out there like children!" the general berated. "You two have done enough."

Reo was ready to offer reproach, but stopped when he noticed the manner in which everyone watched him. As if he were a liability. Everyone, save one. Maeyune had cast her dark eyes to the ground, her expression incomprehensible.

"You can't stop us," Reo said to the general, his voice low.

A dark shadow crossed Soras' face. "Is that a threat, Mr. Castell?"

Reo did not reply, but his face said it clearly. Yes.

"I suggest you practice some self-restraint, Mr. Castell," Deiyu remarked calmly.

Reo took a menacing step toward him. "Or else what?"

Despite having seen Reo's powers for himself, Deiyu stood tall and unfazed. "Or else," the Suolani commander continued, "you will place everyone here in jeopardy and force Miss Ereni's hand again."

Reo looked over his shoulder. Maeyune met his eyes squarely. There was no hostility, only warning.

"You are dismissed," Soras declared stoutly.