Chapter Twenty-Three

March 20th, 2014

"So tell me," Luke started and faced me on the castle. "What do you want for your birthday?" He had his elbow propped on his knee and his chin on his hand, not to mention that adorable smirk that makes me roll my eyes every time I see it.

"Nothing," I said. The two of us had been sitting in the exact same spots for almost an hour and my butt was beginning to really hurt. Luke scoffed.

"I'm not broke, Paige."

"Okay."

"I'll get you something. You just gotta help me; pwease?" he begged, getting super close only for me to push him away. "I can't just not get you something, it'll nag with me for ages."

"You made my day ten times better, that works?" 

He just shook his head. "No, absolutely not. I'm honored, but it doesn't work."

"I don't want you to spend money on me though!" I exclaimed. There was a long moment of silence without him looking me in the eyes, then suddenly he was stood up above me. "What?" Luke held his hand out to pull me up. I set my hand in his and he pulled me to my feet with ease. "Luke, what are you doing?"

"Shh," he whispered, setting his index finger over his lips.

"Did you seriously just shush me?" He rolled his eyes and gave me a quick peck on the lips before jumping off the play castle. "Did you seriously just kiss me?" I joked and he nodded, somewhat proud of himself.

"Hop on," he said with his back turned to me. For a moment, I was confused on what he wanted but then I realised it was just a piggy-back ride. I did what I was told and cautiously wrapped my arms around his neck and shoulders for him to grab my legs. "You have cute feet," stated Luke as he took a turn in the opposite direction of my house. I laughed.

"Where are we going?" I asked, resting my head on the top of his causing me to feel insanely tall due to his extreme height also. I could feel his shoulders shrug when he laughed. He couldn't see, but I rolled my eyes again and took my head off of his. "Your hair finally dried."

"Yes, thank you for telling me the most unnecessary fact of the day."

"What do I win?" I kicked my feet out and felt him slide his hands a little up my thigh to get a better grip. "Don't you dare try anything." 

He laughed. "I'm not like that. You win, um, I don't know."

"You're very good at decision making, as well as I," I giggled and lightly ruffled his hair. "Where are we going?"

"God, Pai, you're impatient," chuckled Luke. I was too caught up in the fact that he called me by my nickname to respond. Eventually, I was able to find my voice.

"You- um, you called me by my nickname..."

"Oh, is that okay?"

"I guess..." Though, when he called me Paige, it was even better.

"Well, Paige, since you're so impatient, I'm not going to tell you that I'm taking you somewhere to eat for your birthday."

I have a crush on a total idiot, yet I didn't bother to tell him.

"Do you even have money with you?" I asked.

"I wouldn't leave my house for four days without bringing money; would I? Jesus, I'm not stupid," he said with a condescending tone, but I knew it wasn't to make me feel dumb, too.