Chapter Six

Thursday

Luke wasn't purposely avoiding me anymore, which was a good thing I suppose. But I still felt like it was my fault. After school, Calum and I were the only ones at Nelly's for a whole hour before Luke showed up. There was fear written in his expression, but once again I didn't ask any questions. He said he wasn't hungry, so Calum and I ordered the meat lover's pizza. Let me just say this, it was fucking fabulous.

I was kind of scared when Calum mentioned that he had to leave early because his sister wanted to hang out with him. Maybe it was true, but he probably only wanted to go to get Luke and I alone.

Luke sat awkwardly with his hands clasped together on the marble table. For fifteen solid minutes, there was nothing but silence. Every once and a while, we looked up at each other at the same time, but one of us would look away instantly. The next time it happened, I didn't break eye contact, and neither did he. The silence was nice, but the only thing I was paying attention to was his eyes. They had a mass amount of different shades of blue in them, from baby blue to ocean.

"Um, Paige?"

"Yeah, hi? What?" I had been totally obvious, he was looking right at me when I was getting lost in his precious little eyes.

"You were just kinda staring at me." The corner of his mouth twitched, as if he were about to smile. It was too bad he didn't.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just your eyes are like wow blue," I chuckled at my stupidity.

"Um, thanks. Yours are whoa green," he smiled, happily. At first, I was shocked that he seemed so happy, but I didn't show it, I just smiled along.

"Why thank you, Hemmings." I said, kicking his foot under the table.

"You're welcome, Millar." He kicked me back, softer, probably because he could hurt me easily. "A-Are you doing anything over the weekend?" Once again, I was shocked but this time I showed it.

Then I giggled.

"No, um, why?" I couldn't wipe that damn smile off my lips.

"We should hang out, and uh, get to know each other better. It's not a date, hell no I can't date."

"Why can't you date?" I asked.

"Other than the club? I'm horrible with talking to girls." He rubbed his hand on his knee. Check, for what Luke does when he's nervous. He was so nervous right now and it's adorable.

"You seem fine with me right now," I added and his expression not only softened, but looked almost like he was surprised. "Um, well sure, we should hang out this weekend. My place?"

"Certainly not mine." His voice was barely audible, except I still heard it. Maybe I should reinforce that whole brain, lock-down thing again, because I'm as curious as fuck.

"What time is it?" I yawned. Almost instantly, Luke had his phone out, and it looked like a dwarf in his hand.

"6:14," he sighed. "Wanna head down to the park?" Luke suggested. I nodded and followed him out of the restaurant. He had his backpack again today, and sometimes I wonder if his house is really that bad. But it could be that because he's a teenage boy, he thinks his parents are out to get him.

I'm glad Australia is hot, because wearing shorts and tank tops is amazing. And the boys wore less too. I wish I could say the same for Luke, but he's wearing a jacket over his muscle shirt and jeans.

"Are you not hot?" I decided to ask on our walk down. He placed a smirk on his face and looked down at me.

"Of course I am," he winked. I just scoffed. Classy. Real classy. "Yeah I am, actually, thanks for reminding me."