Chapter Three

"Year five?" I asked, sitting up.

"Y-yeah... um... Calum told me you were bullied by some kids really bad that year."

"Oh, yeah." I recalled that but it didn't really affect me. "It's not much, I don't really care about it now as I did then."

Luke let out a long sigh before running his hand through his hair.

"I think I'm gonna go," he spoke while standing up. "See you tomorrow, Paige."

"Um, wait." I stopped him before he walked out of the restaurant doors. "Do you think you can walk me home again?"

He sucked in a small short breath before he nodded with a nervous smile. I didn't mean to make him nervous, but since we were now friends, we needed to hang out a bit more. He seemed like a nice guy, and you wouldn't expect him to have any life-changing disorders. That was the sad thing- he did.

We walked in silence for a few minutes, slowly and carefully. It was awkward, very awkward. Too awkward.

"So what do you think of the club?" Luke asked me, suddenly. I shuddered at the thought of it.

"It's eh," I said with a shrug, then he nodded. "Not the best idea."

"I know right. Like, what if I start falling in love with Calum?" he joked but then said, "or you" under his breath, catching me off guard, yet I chose to ignore it. "Or maybe one of us really likes a guy or another girl, and we either want to date them or they ask us out. You know?" Luke continued and I nodded once more. He was actually talking a lot.

"I do, but dating isn't my kind of thing so, I'll steer clear from that," I chuckled and waited for a response. His next question made my heart stop a little.

"Do you get a lot of dates?"

"No," I sighed and shook my head in embarrassment. The worst thing out of everything is telling a guy that you never got, especially if that guy was better looking than you by a long shot. 

"Oh," he whispered, raising his eyebrow and sighing too. "I guess this club makes it ten times worse."

"More like 1000," I muttered. "Infinity maybe."

"A googol?" he chuckled.

"Yeah, probably, since the idea was Calum's. That kid," I once again muttered and shook my head. There were certain things that Calum does that make him look crazy or weird and this was one. Because who randomly comes up with a club to be single for practically, ever? Calum.

"He used to be stranger, you got the good Cal," said Luke, looking directly down onto me. "And the good Luke," he winked.

"Oh?" I laughed. "And how so?"

"I'm hotter than I was when I was 14,"

"Cocky," I responded but he kept on laughing. At least he was happy.

We turned onto the next road and immediately we were faced with my house.

"This is me," I pointed to the brick home.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you at school," he waved and began to walk off. The moment I walked in, my mum and Greg were waiting for me in the kitchen.

Shit

"Hey."

"Was that Luke?" Greg asked. I glared at my mum.

"That's not important now, Greg. Paige, Alice is in labor."