Four- A date to remember

Start from the beginning

I look above my head, to see threatening grey clouds. What happened to the sunny weather I was discussing 20 minutes ago? I guess I can’t be cheery about the weather anymore.
I walk into McDonalds and scan the restaurant, seeing Zayn sitting reading a newspaper over in the McCafe. I walk over and take a seat, startling him.
‘Oh,’ I laugh. ‘Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you!’
‘It’s fine love. It’s good to see you!’ He smiles, brushing his hand against mine. ‘I’ll go order some coffees, shall I? What would you like?’ He asks. I bite my lip and think of an excuse on why I don’t drink coffee.
‘That’s so cute.’ He grins.
‘What’s cute?’
‘The way that you bite your lip. It’s cute.’ He responds, smiling.
‘Awh. Thank you.’ I reply awkwardly. How am I supposed to respond to THAT?! ‘I’ll have a hot chocolate, please.’ I say, slipping him $10. He refuses the money and goes to buy the drinks.

‘Psssst, Violet!’ I hear a voice. I frown and look around, seeing no-one.
‘Here, Violet!’ I look to my right at the McDonalds playground to see Louis and Niall sitting underneath a tunnel. This would’ve had to been the funniest thing I’d ever seen. I let out a large laugh before covering my mouth and heading over to the gate.
‘Yes?’ I said, almost in hysterics. The boys, who were at least 3-5 years older than me, were sitting in a McDonald’s playground. They looked at me with evil grins on their faces.
‘Sorry, but we made Zayn take us with him because we were hungry and unreliable. If you two kiss, we’re coming over to break you up. Okay?’ Niall said stupidly in his sexy Irish accent. I smile, raising my eyebrows.
‘Yeah, he’s Liam’s.’ Louis said childishly. I nod and head back to the table as the boys go back to playing on the playground. It was just seriously the cutest (but weirdest) thing I’d seen in my life.

I sit down, just as Zayn returns with the hot chocolates. He can see the grin on my face, and obviously it wasn’t from reading the newspapers, so he looks over at the boys, giving them deathly stares. They both turn red and start laughing. I just giggle, and Zayn looks back over at me.
‘I’m sorry. They literally followed me here, and wouldn’t leave. But don’t worry; the animals won’t leave their cage.’ He said, looking back over at them. I just smile and shake my head.
‘So how are you?’ I say, sipping my drink.
‘Good now that we’re here together, my morning was quite uninteresting, with Harry and Liam being out shopping.’ He says. I blush, it’s not every day famous people compliment you. He smiles.
‘Oh, well I imagine you’d have a very exciting life anyways… being in One Direction and all.’ I respond, sort of leaning on the table. He nods and takes a deep breath, agreeing.
‘It’s sort of hard. Because there are so many fans wherever we go, and there are thousands of girls…’ he says as he looks up at me. So many thoughts are running through my mind as he pauses- what if he thinks I’m just another one of those girls?

‘That’s why we try and pick out the ones we generally think are worth spending more than just 5 seconds with. Like you.’ He says, staring at me with his gorgeous brown eyes. I blush even more.
‘I’m glad I’m not just one of those girls, then.’ I say, looking back. ‘Did you know, your eyes are the most amazing colour…’ I say, drifting off. He closes his eyes for a minute and re-opens them.
‘Yours are a gorgeous blue.’ He says back. My eyes were a crystal blue… sometimes mistaken for white. They kind of complimented my light brunette hair.  We just sat their smiling at each other for a minute, before we hear an ‘awwwh!’ from the playground. Zayn turns around and sticks the middle finger up at them, immediately shutting them up. I chuckled as he turns back to me and shoots me an apologetic look.

After quite a bit of chatting, I check my watch and see that I only have ten minutes left of break. Seeing me do this, Zayn suggests we should meet up really soon.
‘…Are you free tonight? We should go clubbing…’ He says hesitantly. ‘That’s if you’re still willing to see me.’ He says sheepishly.
‘Of course I am! But err… I’m a bit young for clubbing.’ I say, looking down at my feet. Well this was embarrassing.
‘Oh of course! I’m sorry. That was really stupid.’ He says, holding my hand. ‘How about I clear the apartment of all the boys and we can watch a movie?’ He says, I agree. We’d both agreed on keeping the relationship a secret from the public until I was 17 (which was 2 months away) so we couldn’t be seen in public together much. To add onto that, I had to keep it from Monique, who would probably find out anyways but to stop her from going crazy, I’d slowly let her know. The boys and their management were allowed to know of course, but that’s about it. I admit, it was probably better for me anyways because I wasn’t particularly keen for getting hate for being too young for Zayn, who was 19.

I stood up, collecting my things, and the boys started to emerge from their own world as Zayn said goodbye to me. He stepped in; I could feel his warm breath tickling my cheeks. Even though we’d only been out once together, it felt like I’d known him for a while- as cliche as that sounds. Zayn places his hands on my waist and pulls me in quickly. I feel his lips crash against mine and there were alarms and fireworks and anything else explosive going off all over my body. I felt myself become weak. It wasn’t my first kiss, but it beat any other kiss I’d ever had, or any other kiss I’ll ever have.

Louis and Niall ran over to us and told me off, I just playfully pushed them and we all walked out the door together. Thankfully there were no paparazzi or fans around, so they slipped their shades on and waved farewell to me. I sheepishly waved back and skipped in the other direction. No words could describe how I was feeling. I was always the insecure girl, but after being with him, he gave me so much more confidence. And I felt like I could be myself around him.
Although we hadn’t known each other for long and I didn’t know much about him, I felt a lot closer to him.

I skipped the whole way back to work, and I arrived with 5 minutes of my break to go. I changed back into work uniform quickly and swooped around the shop, picking up fallen items or putting things back where they belong. I skipped around the shop happily before returning to my usual spot behind the counter. The last hour of my shift flew by with next-to-no-one coming in, so I was messing around on face book most of the time. Tony dismissed me at bang-on-three, so I just went back up to the apartment.