Chapter 4

"I just can't believe you're going on another date with Nate!" I don't bother correcting her I mean it was Lily that was speaking and I know that I would just be wasting my breath if I even thought about objecting.

"So I'm between these two dresses, what do you think?" I stop mid-sentence on my book to look at Lily standing there holding out both arm in front of her.

She must have brought these dresses from her place because I don't think I even have one! The one on the left was a tan colored dress with a plunging neckline and spaghetti straps. The one on the right was a light pink dress that looked like something a movie star would wear to bed with a matching pink choker. Kinky.

"I'm sorry I thought I heard wrong. I thought that you said dresses and we both know how ridiculous that sounds." I raise my brows at her.

"Well what else are you supposed to wear?" Then she precedes to flap her wings as if she were a bird just proving how ridiculous this whole situation is while the dresses swinging roughly in her hands.

"Anything but a dress." As I begin to think that she might actually lose the top of her head and steam might quite literally come out of her ears like they would if this were a cartoon... She simply sets down the dresses on the chair by my dresser and crosses her arms.

"Fine, no dresses."

"Why do I feel like this is some sort of a trap?"

"Why don't you show me what you planned to wear then?" Huh, I didn't really think about that. I knew that as soon as I told Lily that I was going out in public with Nathan again, she would completely flip and take care of the outfit. So I really didn't have to plan an outfit but now that I'm put on the spot whether having to choose my own clothes or have her stick me in one of those dresses... I would rather take my chances.

Putting the receipt in my book as a book mark, as I usually do. I close the book and place it on my bedside table to read when I get home later. Making a show, I sigh loudly to give myself time to figure out what to pick. With an outfit in mind I quickly grab all the clothes then lay it on the bed for Lily to see.

It wasn't anything special really. It was just a pair of black skinny jeans, a white sleeveless mock neck top I had gotten from Windsor when I went shopping with Lily from awhile back. My black leather jacket and my black converse. As far as my wardrobe goes this was as fancy I was gonna get voluntarily. I look over at Lily and before she can say anything about me 'having to show more skin' I beat her to it.

"Let me just wear this! Its a little bit more girly than the stuff I usually wear or pick out for myself, am I right?" When she doesn't say anything I continue my bargain. "Plus if you let me wear this I'll let you do my hair." With that her eyes lit up like a kid seeing all their presents on Christmas morning.

"Well why didn't you just say that in the first place?"

__

"All done and whatever you do, do not look in the mirror!" Lifting one of my now perfect eyebrows all thanks to Lily, I give her a questioning stare to as why I can't look at myself in the mirror. "What? I don't want you to change or even ruin my masterpiece and if you look in the mirror you will destroy all my hard work! Now walk me downstairs."

Turning around she struts out my room, her hair swaying from her pony tail. "Yes ma'am!"

"Oh ha-ha!" She mocks back. Standing up from my bed I check myself out in the mirror anyways.

The top of my hair was in a french braided waterfall while the bottom was semi-wavy with a bit of sea salt spray in my hair to give it texture. Needless to say Lily did a pretty good job with my hair, not that I'll tell her that.