8. The Other Mate

Start from the beginning

"I am the one lying here, you are. You are lying to yourself about that so-called "relationship" you have with your "boyfriend". Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lunch to eat that doesn't include eating my boyfriend's face." And with that, I grabbed Charlotte's arm and dragged her over to the table with her human friends.

Sparing one glance back, I saw Evelyn's face. And let me just tell you, it was priceless!

Sitting down, everyone at the table stared at me in awe. "N-no one stands up to her, they call her their "Luna"..."

I snort at this. "Yeah, well it looks like their Luna was just told the truth."

"Well, it looks like her and her minions are mad now." I look over my shoulder to see that Charlotte is in fact right. The red head and brunette sitting on either side of Evelyn are shooting daggers at the group. The red head looks like she is in it for blood, while the brunette appears to only go along with their antics. Too bad.

"Hey Jace, how was your class today? Because I missed you. Let's go eat, shall we?" Evelyn immediately said when she ran to Jason as he entered the room. Surprisingly, he didn't look disgusted like he did the other day. In fact, some could say he looked like he was enjoying her affection.

Get yourself together, Amy. Jason is not your mate and has no concern for you! Just ignore him!

Ah, but that was much easier said than done.

While I was busy listening in on people's conversations with my werewolf hearing, I hadn't noticed Char's weird attitude. When I looked back at her, she was focused on the table Jason and Evelyn sat at. Furrowing my eyebrows, I concentrated harder on exactly what she was looking at. Following her line of focus, I saw the future Beta laughing at something someone at the table had shared.

Suddenly, the red head took a seat on his laugh and continued laughing with him. Looking back at Char, her face became grim and she gritted her teeth. Continually looking in between the two, I came upon a somewhat surprising conclusion. Charlotte had found her mate.

It looked like I wasn't the only who had figured it out, either. The future Alpha glanced back, but seeing his expression, I knew that wasn't it. A mate relationship wasn't what he was looking around about. It was an abnormal scent.

Rather being safe than sorry, I did a quick spritz of perfume, which I had grabbed before heading to lunch. That didn't stop him from giving me a quizzical stare at the fact that the perfume only smelt of human.

Hopefully I could figure out how to keep my identity hidden while staying with the future Beta's mate. This just complicated my situation so much more.

...

I decided to leave early today. Not only had Martha texted me sometime during the day about suspicious pack activities, but that she wanted some help with her black market transactions. Apparently, it can be really tiring and time consuming alone.

I know what you're thinking - Her aunt makes her skip school to help do work on the black market? That is not the case. I am completely caught up in all my classes, and I couldn't risk another run in with Jason, where he could easily discover my true identity.

I told Char that I was heading home. "Can I come with? I promise I won't cause much trouble?"

I couldn't let her overhear anything about the black market or werewolves, so I decided to play it safe. "Actually, I am going to be kind of busy tonight, but maybe another day this week you can hang out after school."

A bright heart warming smile exploded across her face. "Thanks Kara, you're the best!" Hearing my fake name be used made me almost flinch. I didn't want to have to lie to my new friends who I trusted, but it had to be done, even if she was a human.

When I arrived back at Auntie Martha's place, she was currently sitting at her computer in the small office space she had. Barely sparing me a glance, she said, "Go make yourself a snack and come sit down." I nodded and headed into the kitchen.

Just as I was finished pouring my popcorn into a bowl, I heard a knock on the door. "Answer it!" Was all Rachel could say as I headed down the hall, telling Martha I'd get it. Although I had been here for about 3 days, I had never once heard someone knock on the door, or even come over. My aunt seemed a little more closed off to the town, but it made sense. Werewolves and humans didn't always have great relationships with witches.

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I opened the door, but let's just say seeing Jason, and the future beta and gamma definitely didn't come to mind. Not in the slightest. And by the looks of it, they didn't expect this either.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" I asked. I didn't know why they were here, but I had a sneaky suspicion it was related to finding a rogue. I wasn't sure if they were seeking out me or Martha.

He quickly voiced something that put the thought of them knowing my identity at ease. "What are you doing here? And where is Martha, we really need to speak to her..."

Before I could get anything else out, Martha appeared behind me. "Oh Jason, you've arrived. C'mon in, don't mind Kara here, she just moved in a little while ago..."

Wait, hold up. She planned this? She knew he would be here, yet she invited me at the same time. No... it couldn't be...

Was she going to reveal my identity to him?

"No, you are." I looked up at her seeing her smile smugly at me. Being able to mind link was still something she could do, and she used it at the weirdest times.

But really? I was going to reveal my identity to him? As if.

What was I going to do?!

...

So... now that you have seen both points of view, what do you think is going to happen next?

Is Kara going to reveal her true identity?

Are Jason and Kara actually mates?

Or is this all just a big mistake?

Until the next update...

Keep reading!

Don't forget to Read, Comment and Vote!

-Hexodus ;)