Chapter 38

Olivia's p.o.v.

I woke up by my constantly buzzing phone. A day without my phone? Sounds like a good idea. I threw it to the other side of my bed forgetting that Julian was sleeping there. It hit him and I pretend I was asleep but I couldn't hold the laugh in.

"I know it was you." Julian's sleepy voice filled up the room.

"I forgot you were there." I explained turning around to look at him. "Since we're both awake, what do we want to do today?"

"I want to try Belgian's waffles!!" he screamed like a little kid jumping on the bed.

"A day out?" I asked and he nodded. "I don't want to get out of the bed."

He started tickling me and I did everything to push him away. He tried to stop me from kicking him out of the bed so he literally sat on me. I tried to stop him but there was no chance for me to win.

"Stop, please." I manage to say while I was laughing.

He stopped. Now he wasn't torturing me anymore but I have to say that he's heavier than I've expected.

"Get your heavy ass off of my body." I said sticking my tongue out.

"Nah I feel good."

Damn does he have to be so annoying sometimes? He moved closer to me so now he was particularly lying on me. He kissed me first slowly then a bit more intense. I didn't want him to go further so I slowly pushed him away.

"Um sorry I didn't want to go too far." Julian apologized.

"It's okay. I just..." I didn't know what to say. "I just don't want to have sex with someone I barely know. And I'm on my period."

"Oh I thought it was just a lie." Julian said.

"I wish." 

"Anyway I don't want to make you feel like you need to do anything. I'm sorry." Julian added. "You're right we should get to know each other better."

He rolled onto his side of the bed and when I was about to stand up he pulled me back down.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Um, I wanted to get ready..."

"Weren't we supposed to get to know each other?" He asked putting his arm around me not letting me go.

"In bed?" I laughed and realized it sounded wrong.

"I was talking about getting to know different things but if you changed your mind."

I think my face turned into a tomato. Julian laughed and I playfully hit him. Few minutes later he let me go and we both decided to get ready so we can go out.

The plan was that we will grab coffee and waffles for breakfast and then walk a bit around the city. My parents were still asleep as well as my brother so I wrote a short note saying we went out. I took my keys and closed the door.

We decided to walk since it wasn't that far away. We didn't talk but there was no awkward silence between us. I closed my eyes and let the sun shine on my face. I felt Julian's hand around mine.

I opened my eyes as I heard people whispering near to us. I thought that some girls recognized Julian but it turned out that they were from my school and recognized me. Amazing, now the whole school is going to know I'm dating someone. Sometimes I just don't understand why people talk so much about other's lives.

Thanks god we were at the small café. I walked in and Julian followed me. The amazing smell of fresh coffee and cookies surrounded us. Julia Michaels' song 'issues'  was quietly playing in the background and I could not sing along. I mean the only people inside were me, Julian and the lady who was working there.