Chapter Fourteen.....School gone wild (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

     "No it is not! I don't know what goes around between you and her behind my back, but I remember telling you Sakinah was my case; I'll handle her!" I spat.

     "Great, then what are you waiting for? Let's go teach her some lesson!" She exclaimed excitedly.

     "What? No,no,no Shaliza. That's MY job. Not yours. I don't want you butting in." My voice filled with venom.

     "Oh yeah? 'Your job'?? Then tell me, what have you achieved so far huh?"She tested.

     I gasped and gave her a mocking look in return. "PLENTY. You want me to lay it all out for you? Well here goes..."

     She interrupted me, uninterested with what I had to say. "All I see is you two getting closer through the entire ordeal!!" She shouted, frustrated and turning the other direction with her arms crossed. It was clear that she was upset. But my mind was elsewhere. I was at shock at her statement. 'Me and Sakinah getting ...closer? Had it really?' I recalled all my times with Sakinah and it halted when Hassan came to mind. That was when I was pretty much convinced that it was way impossible. Me and Sakinah's relationship was no more than arguments and enmity.

     I didn't know why, but right now I felt rage at Shaliza's accusation. " You know that's not true, take that back!" Shaliza didn't respond. "Hey!" I pressed her shoulder and turned her around so that she faces me. I was shocked to see tears brimming in her eyes. Now I understood the scale of disappointment and upset she was about all this.

     Her eyes was still reluctant to face me as she tried to keep her tears in to her straight. Her expression masked betrayal. "I see it all. A bad replay of the past. You leaving me for the 50th time and I thought that that was going to be my last hearing about it, but no...I guess the 51st is just coming soon." Her voice bitter while tears still roamed down her pink cheeks. She sobbed and sniffed, fruitlessly trying to wipe away her tears to not show her insecurity and vulnerability. Suddenly i was overwhelmed by guilt downing on me.   

     "Hey, come on Babe. Don't be like that..." I soothed her.

     "I feel like a fool Mirza! I may appear strong, but a heartbreak still hurts as much. I'm at my peak, I don't think I can handle another breakdown." Her tears fell mercilessly ruining her eyeliner and mascara in the process.

     I paused one moment as I looked at her lovingly and sympathetic. Finally something clicked in my mind. "I got it!" Shaliza wrap her arms bemusedly.

     "Shaliza. I've been neglecting your kindness. And for that, I'm a jerk." I wiped her tears clean and enveloped her hands in mind. Shaliza waited not responding but gasped when I bent on my knees.

     "Accept my offer." I kissed her hand.

     "W-w-what?" She stuttered confused and flushing a deep red.

     My eyes pivoted upwards as I looked at her expectantly. "A date."

*****

     I and Shaliza had totally escaped the remaining of school to go on our date. Though it was probably a first for her, it definitely wasn't for me. Pfft, only a dumb school lover like Sakinah won't do such a rebellious act. I smirked.

     I threw both my bag and Shaliza's across the school gate. I helped her through it first before climbing my way out smoothly next. We walked away happily out of that place I like to call hell on earth. I rest my left arm on Shaliza's shoulders. I looked at her joyous face. The corner of her lips quirked upwards into a huge smile which she cannot hide and contagiously, it made me smile along with her. Her puffy cheeks were slightly apparent from all that crying. It's true though, she's one heck of a faithful girlfriend incomparable to all the hundreds slutty girls I've dated in the past. Sometimes I can't help but wonder: Why didn't she just dump me and move on with her life? Still, it's heartwarming to know she love me that greatly and rather reassuring.