12

'it's normalcy to me, how will my boyfriend understand?'

~2 years later~

"it's so sad that you have to leave soon, phil" dan said sadly, sitting in he middle of his room opposite Phil. Phil was in year 11 now, and was going to be moving to college soon.

"don't worry Dan, it's just a year and you can come to the college i'm going to if you want, i know you're interested in computing just as much as i am. until then, you have Pj and Chris to be with! we can still meet up on weekends too."

"i guess" Dan said sadly , grabbing phils hand and holding it softly.

"i'm really going to miss you when i go" he continued, playing with phils fingers.

"well, i have a present for you. but first i have to put music on, to make it all romantic and shit." phil laughed.

he started playing hey there delilah, looking at Dan sitting smiling at him.

"so, Dan" Phil started, before bursting out laughing. "this is not my style at all" he giggled. he changed it to check yes juliet, before moving back over to Dan. he kissed him for a second before pulling a box out of his hoodie pocket. he handed it over.

Dan sat there for a moment, observing the box. it was just a small black box, but it seemed so pretty to him. he opened it up, to find a ring. sitting there.

wait, it wasn't a regular ring ,he noticed, smiling heavily. "it's a fricking green lantern ring! you got me a fricking green lantern ring!" he gasped, before taking it out of the box and admiring it.

it was silver, and had the logo on the top. on the side was written 'in brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight'

an: ( it would look something like this)

" Phil! i love it! i love you! " he said happily

Phil smiled and Dan kissed him violently. "calm down" Phil laughed, surprised by the sudden affection.

Dan didn't pay attention, kissing phil with such force that he knocked phil over, the two suddenly lying on the floor. Phil started pulling Dans shirt up, and kissing his stomach.

Dan froze suddenly, memories pouring back. he froze, before kicking phil away and leaving the room, crying. 

Dans mum heard the crying, and ran in. "what happened?" she asked frantically.

"i don't know what happened!" phil said frantically. "is dan okay?"

"don't worry dear, he just panics sometimes"  she said, remembering that Phil didn't know about Dans past, before rushing off to comfort him.

Phil just sat in the middle of the room, surprised and not knowing what to do. after a few minutes, Dan walked back in, with red puffy eyes and the ring hanging by a string on his neck. this made Phil smile, and he ran to hug Dan. "i'm sorry" Phil said.

"it wasn't you, Phil. i don't want to talk about it now"

hi! i think i have one chapter left to write and then i'm done, so i can start writing something else.