police

"why'd you have to sell me to those mean old men?"

the police arrived when dan was halfway through drinking the cocoa. it warmed him from the inside out, and even though he was scared,he knew he was safe. " we have a report of an abused child here?" "yes, he's just through here with Ruby."

a man walked up to Dan, tall and muscly looking. "hey, what happened to you?" he said softly, looking Dan in the eye. "i- they hurt me" he said, near tears again. "we think he was involved in child sex trafficking from what he's told us" Liz whispered to him. "i see" he said back. "i think you need to come and speak with us"

he told them everything he could, explaining anything they did to him, and how he ran from the house when the door to the basement was unlocked. he was then taken back to the house from earlier, and they fed him some pasta (that he ate very quickly) before tucking him into a little bed, in a boys room. Dan looked up at the glowing stars on the ceiling for a moment, before smiling and falling asleep.

"he reminds me of Jacob, you know. i miss him so much" Liz said to Ruby, a tear rolling down her face. "you could adopt him, mum. i think it'd make you feel so much better about jacob."
"i'd like that" she said back.

~3 weeks later~

we filed all the papers, Dan . you're officially my son!" Liz said happily, hugging him. Ruby hugged him too, happy about his new brother.

"we're really sorry about what happened to you, Dan, but i promise you'll never have to go through that again. " Ruby said, looking down at the boy. he was still very skinny, but he'd obviously improved a lot.

~6 weeks later~

Dan was about to start school. secondary school, actually. he was really nervous,and so was Liz. they took him in, all dressed in his new uniform, and went to the office. the lady there walked him into a room, and spoke to them both. "we know about what happened to you Dan, and we thought it would be useful if we found a friend, to help you around school. his name is Phil, and hes a lovely boy. We haven't told him what happened to you, but he knows you're extremely nervous.he's in year 8, so he is a year older than you, but he'll help you, i promise. if you ever need to talk, we have a counceller at the school too. you'll be taken care of here Dan." "thank you" he said, then following her outside to meet this 'Phil' boy.he was sitting on a sofa outside her office. He had pitch black hair, and bright blue eyes, and smiled widely at Dan. "hi, i'm Phil" he said happily, and Dan could detect a Northern accent. he blushed a light pink and replied saying his name. "okay Dan, i'm going to help you here. we're going to be best friends". both of them were smiling the whole time. "bye honey" Dans mum said. "Bye mum" Dan said happily, before following Phil to show him around.

he showed him around, all while talking to Dan with a big smile. Dan then had to go to form, which he was terrified about. "hey, you'll be okay" Phil said. "Try to make some new friends, and i'll meet you right after to show you to your lessons." okay, Phil" Dan said quite quietly.

he walked in, to see a lot of faces about the same age as him. the rest of them had already been here for a week, so they were sorted into their own little groups already. the form tutor introduced him, before pointing him in the direction of two boys. "thats chris, and thats pj" she whispered. "they're lovely"

dan walked towards them nervously, smiling. " Hi, Dan, i'm PJ, and this is Chris" one of them said. "hi!" the other one joined in.

They talked about themselves until the bell rang for first lesson. Dan walked out, to see Phil standing there smiling. "how did it go, Dan?" he asked. "great" Dan said. "i met these boys called PJ and Chris, and we like the same sort of things. they're awesome!" "i'm so glad you made some friends, Dan! now, what lesson do you have?"

~1 year later~

"Phil!" Dan said laughing. once they stopped, phil asked if Dan wanted to stay over at his house that night. "Sure!" Dan said. "i'll just text my mum" . he got out his phone and typed a message, then turning off the screen and waiting for a reply. when he looked up, Phil was staring at him, but quickly snapped his eyes forward as soon as he figured dan had seen him.
Dan was confused, but blushed a deep shade of pink, matching Phils cheeks. "So Dan" Phil said, breaking the thick silence. "any news on that Louise girl you liked?" . He knew this subject always made Dan adorably uncomfortable, his face going pink and him giggling more than he should.  " i told you, Phil" Dan giggled. "we're just friends".
Before Phil could reply, Dan continued , a little more serious than before "it's kinda weird actually. i don't really 'like' any of the girls. they're nice, but i don't wanna kiss them and stuff. that's gross." his face dropped a bit thinking about it, memories of the men swooping past his eyes and wrapping around his mind like a noose. He knew who he did want to kiss, he wanted to kiss Phil. but he knew that was wrong. everyone told him, everyone knew that was wrong, you aren't meant to kiss boys.  His thoughts were interrupted by a soft northen sounding voice. "well, what about boys then?" Dan blushed, before replying with a quiet "boys don't kiss boys" Phil was quiet for a moment, sensing his fear, before turning and hugging the younger boy. "don't ever say that Dan. that's definitely not true." there was a sudden bing, and Dan jumped before pulling away and checking his phone. "mum said thats fine"

~Phils house~

"how have you never seen Harry Potter?!" Phil half shouted at Dan. "because i spent the first 10 years of my life staring at a cement wall, scared  to death" Dan thought. "just never got around to it, i guess"  "they're so good, we HAVE to watch them" Phil said enthusiastically, walking towards a pile of dvds and selecting the philosophers stone, then walking over to his TV and entering the disk. he then grabbed the remote and sat by Dan. he selected "play movie" and pulled a blanket over them both, putting his arm around Dan, who blushed violently into the side of Phils chest. 

after the second movie had finished, Phil turned to look at Dan again, only to find he had fallen asleep. he smiled and kissed the top of Dans head, sighing, before turning on the bluetooth speaker next to him and connecting his phone to it. he scrolled through his music before finding what he wanted. he checked the volume wasn't high enough to scare the kid to death, before selecting it.

"reeces puffs, reeces puffs, eat em up eat em up eat em up eat em up"

he smiled down at the boy now laying his head on phils lap, slowly waking up, extremely confused for a moment before smiling tiredly and singing along.

"cmon Dan, get changed and then get some sleep"

~

Dan was lying awake on the floor of Phils room, staring at the ceiling. he was scared, as he'd had a nighmare just before, and was wondering if he should wake Phil up and tell him. tears were collecting in his eyes, and he stood up and shook Phils shoulder a bit. he opened his eyes slowly, before noticing Dan. "whats up?" he said quietly. "nightmare" Dan whispered. Phil shuffled over and patted the space on his bed next to him. Dan lay down next to him and Phil wrapped his arms around Dans waist. Dan felt warm and safe, and with Phils soft smell and the sounds of his breathing, Dan fell asleep almost immidiately.

~
~

HEY DUDES

i'm off school so i'm gonna write more hecc yes bois

also dya like the new cover its amaZing and i love it

kjellester made it and like omfg appreicate it

i can't write for shit but at least it looks pretty now c: